Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Feeling Anxious

(6 Posts)
WestCountryLass Fri 29-Apr-05 14:55:20

My DS has nystagmus (a sight condition) and because of his colouring (fair hair and skin, blue eyes) he is having to have an electrodiagnostic test for a type of albinism.

He had his six monthly review on Tuesday and his consultant decided that he needs to have this test, they are not saying they think he has this condition but that the nystagmus etc are pinpointers to it so they need to check.

Initially I was quite calm about it and said to myself I would not worry about it until we had the test but that is easier said than done. As the week has gone on I have got more concerned and am now feeling quite anxious * sigh *

I don't think it helps that we are moving, going on holiday and arranging my DDs naming celebrations so it has come at a time when I have a lot on. Also I lost my first baby froma genetic condition and although I am sure the two are unrelated it has made me revisit the path and how we were told something might be wrong than had more tests and now I feel as though I am waiting for terrible news again.

Sorry for the book, just needed to vent

coppertop Fri 29-Apr-05 15:25:59

So sorry you're going through such a worrying time, WCL. No wonder you are feeling stressed with so much going on.

Have you been told how long you will have to wait for the test and results?

JakB Fri 29-Apr-05 17:51:25

WestCountryLass, so sorry you're feeling stressed. Tests are awful- and particularly as you lost your first baby from a genetic condition
Sending lots of good vibes- yeah, how long will you have to wait?

KarenThirl Fri 29-Apr-05 18:03:26

Sending you positives and hoping the tests go well. Lots going on for you at the moment, so no wonder you're stressed out. Try to look at one thing at a time if you can - put 'em all together and it all looks so much worse. Try to fit in some personal time if you can, it can make things look a lot different. x

chonky Fri 29-Apr-05 18:25:15

Westcountrylass - sending you lots of positives too. My dd has nystagmus, so we've been through a lot of the tests. Do you have a date for the tests yet? x

WestCountryLass Fri 29-Apr-05 19:12:15

No date yet, the Consultant said between 2 and 4 months wait which is not so bad. Thanks for the support

Chonky, the tests, I believe, are the electrodes on head, dark room, flashing lights. I know the test is not so bad, its just the consultant mentioned a specific kind of albinism with a bleeding disorder they are worried about and i'm starting to freak out about the 'what ifs' (must put to the back of my mind but the thoughts creep in every now and then as they do).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now