Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Visit re DLA- should I be worried?

(5 Posts)
tallulah Thu 28-Apr-05 18:40:18

Had a letter last month to say that as DS is almost 16 would he be taking over his money? Contacted a friend in a similar position & she advised me to reply no.

Come home today to a letter from the local DWP saying they want to visit "both of us" to "complete the appropriate paperwork". Is this a euphemism for "we don't believe you should be claiming", or am I worrying about nothing?

He may be nearly 16 but he isn't legal school-leaving age until 2006.

Any thoughts?

Davros Thu 28-Apr-05 22:01:17

Sorry T, I really don't know is my answer! Just didn't want you to not get any responses. So this is a BUMP in disguise.

tallulah Fri 29-Apr-05 07:11:41

Thanks Davros! Anyone?

misdee Fri 29-Apr-05 07:12:42

its probably just to get your ds to sign to say he agrees to you looking after his cash.

onlyjoking Fri 29-Apr-05 18:11:19

yeah they vist and check if your child is able to look after there own mony, mates lad had a vist and told DLA lady that he would be very sensible with the money, he wouldnt buy rubbish oh no, he would spend it all on playstation games, can't remember the correct term but she holds the purse strings

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now