Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

What a big girl I've got

(20 Posts)
Thomcat Mon 25-Apr-05 14:54:00

Bless her. We bought her first bed on Saturday and put it up yesterday. Changed all her room around etc.
Much, much excitement. After it was all done we bought her up to see it and her eyes went like saucers, she pointed and said 'Bed - hooray'!!!! LOL
She then bounced all over the bed and was obviously very happy.

We put her to bed last night and when she was asleep we both lay on the floor on a spare duvet to catch her if she did fall, watching her sleep and seeing if she might roll off. A few moments when we both stretched our arms out as though to catch her but she stopped just in time!
So we went off to our own bed.

This morning I was dreaming about her and dreamt she came into us in the morning. I then realised it wasn't a dream and that funny feeling on my bum cheek was her tickling me! i rolled over and she was on her knees at the side of the bed saying 'allo mummieeee'!

NomDePlume Mon 25-Apr-05 14:54:57

More happiness in the Thomcat household ! Can you bear it ?!

jampots Mon 25-Apr-05 14:57:17

oh she sounds an utter delight Thomcat and glad to hear her first night went well - well done Lottie xxx

lou33 Mon 25-Apr-05 14:57:32

cod Mon 25-Apr-05 14:58:48

Message withdrawn

Thomcat Mon 25-Apr-05 15:01:40

no, bloody forgot to go back and get it Cod, gutted but looks like we might be alright. Actually who am I kidding! I went in a bit before I went to bed and found her lying with her head over the side, legs a kimbo. She will fall and I do need a guard. Not sure it'll fit with the bed though. it's got a sort of ledge, it's like a big wooden box with the mattress sitting in the box.

Blu Mon 25-Apr-05 15:03:04

Aaaaah, little sweetheart.

We put DS's old cot mattress on the floor alongside his bed until he got used to the whole thing. The bed guard was a hazard - banged his head on it and got a nosebleed within a nanosecond of installing it!

cod Mon 25-Apr-05 15:04:33

Message withdrawn

Tinker Mon 25-Apr-05 15:05:43

She sounds gorgeous. I'd just do cushions as well.

elliott Mon 25-Apr-05 15:09:20

We never had a bed guard - I did put a pillow lengthways to act as a barrier to start with but not really necessary, even though ds1 is a terrible wriggler and ends up in all sorts of strange positions! He has fallen out once but wasn't hurt at all. I think he's just a bit younger than Lottie.

Thomcat Mon 25-Apr-05 15:09:35

Right well I'll save myself £30 then and won't do the guard, esp after hearing about little boy Blu.

Anyway as she isn't massively confident about climbing in and out of bed in the morning when she does want to get out and come in to us it'll make her feel safer to have duvets and cushions to cushion her plop down to the floor!

Can't wait for tomorrow morning already! Been teaching her to scratch my back, hope she moves from my bum to my back, what a nice way to be woken up!

hunkermunker Mon 25-Apr-05 15:35:31

Lottie couldn't be more gorgeous, TC!

Jayzmummy Mon 25-Apr-05 16:49:46

What a wonderful way to be woken. Well done Lottie.....what a big girl she is quickly becoming.

Chocol8 Mon 25-Apr-05 17:04:55

How lovely Thomcat - what a big girl she is! That really made me smile

anniebear Mon 25-Apr-05 17:05:33

arrrrrrh, very very cute!!

JakB Mon 25-Apr-05 20:08:20

Lovely! Bless her! I love hearing about Lottie

Dingle Mon 25-Apr-05 20:13:09

When we moved dd to a big bed last year I think she spent more time on the floor, hanging over, upside down....in fact a have a seperate file of photos on the PC titled "a big girl's bed."

Blossomhill Mon 25-Apr-05 20:47:14

Bless xxx

KarenThirl Tue 26-Apr-05 06:51:16

How sweet. I love to hear things like this. Well done Lottie.

eidsvold Tue 26-Apr-05 07:06:49

wow - what a step .... we needed a guard as dd1 is such a wriggler - she sleeps all over the bed... sideways, upside down etc. We just got a guard that slips under the mattress and is made of net with a small light aluminium frame. Very handy and she has not been caught up in it. It does not cover the length of the bed. We had to get it as she fell out a few times before we got it.

like this

I have been woken early by a little girl - 5 am she is tapping me on my leg telling me she wants to watch hi-5!?!?!

They look so grown up in a bed don't they. We put dd in a bed when we came to Aus.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now