Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

autism?? quick question so i can sleep ....:)

(7 Posts)
haven Sun 24-Apr-05 05:32:22

if a child is funtionable around certain people then i shouldn't worry about autism right????

i worry sometimes about ds...among other issues....we couldn't even enjoy the festival today..he doesn't scream or anything he just kinda weirds out...i know some mom have said that their children are nervous around other people...and they are o.k...

haven Sun 24-Apr-05 05:37:40

also...sweating...ds sweats perfusely when he is falling asleep...not while he is sleeping...alot...head soaked ..pillow soaked...shirt...after he is sleeping it is normal...any ideas about this also....

ghosty Sun 24-Apr-05 06:41:58

haven ... re. sweating, my DS sweats a lot when he is asleep ... I don't think it is anything to worry about.
Re. crowds ... my ds is not autistic and he has always been uncomfortable and nervous in crowds ... he is just sensitive ... I don't know what your other worries are but if it is just nervousness in crowds I don't think that is too much to worry about ...
How old is your ds?

Blossomhill Sun 24-Apr-05 08:43:06

I think with just the details you have given it so hard to tell!!!!

Twiglett Sun 24-Apr-05 08:43:23

I weird out around crowds sometimes haven, have done since I was a teenager (sometimes I don't, but I'm never at my most comfortable). The kind of crowds where people invade your personal space (busy shopping centres, raves, festivals) are my idea of a nightmare. I think its just a comfort issue and totally NT

tangomum Sun 24-Apr-05 09:20:37

Haven, I work with autistic teenagers sometimes and have a checklist for diagnosis. It is only a guide, not a definite diagnosis. I could post it tomorrow if you like (it is at work). Alternatively you could probably find a book at the library that will give you similar information. All mothers have worries, he is probably fine though.

coppertop Sun 24-Apr-05 10:06:49

As BH says, it's impossible to tell from just what is in your post tbh. I think a lot of people find crowds difficult to deal with. I know that I tend to avoid them wherever possible, even if my ds'es aren't with me.

I don't know anything about the sweating though. Sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now