Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

headteacher going to kill me and put my head on a stick at the school gates

(16 Posts)
LittleNjataNoMates Fri 22-Apr-05 18:03:22

Well. After the school has bent over backwards for my guys - plus inital probs and arguments that we have worked hard to resolve, shortage-of-lsa problems, and fighting the lea for extra ££, and fighting for salt, and getting my own way but gaining many voodoo dolls in my image... we are now moving.

Have caused school much headache, now to turn round one week after the new lsa is FINALLY recruited and say sorry we have to move, well, she's going to get a hitman! I'm too scared to tell her! Asked my mum to write a note, but she said no!

Now have to start all over in new region, and I have NO idea how my poor lads are going to cope, new school, new support, new house, new area, new everything. Am expecting trouble on massive scale.

Please may I post and moan freely when everything I own is smashed and I have a child hanging by their teeth from each of my arms ?

Fio2 Fri 22-Apr-05 18:19:03

LOL

hopefully things will go smoother when you move

macwoozy Fri 22-Apr-05 18:23:03

Title made me laugh although you might not be laughing just at the moment. What a headache, to say the least. We've considered moving before but what you said is exactly my concerns as well. Good luck, I hope you get all the support you need in your new place.

essbee Fri 22-Apr-05 18:29:12

Message withdrawn

Davros Fri 22-Apr-05 18:40:22

How much of what you're getting is documented? Could be useful if its not all in statements. Very funny title and post though

LittleNjataNoMates Fri 22-Apr-05 18:47:26

essbee - Good idea, however, she knows dh s/e! will say would be more successful there and will certainly express my disappointment at having to move.

Davros - everything in black & white, thankfully!

Just the whole moving thing. How they are going to react to their things being boxed I don't know. Actually, I DO know - and that's why I'm freaking!!

coppertop Fri 22-Apr-05 18:53:55

Good luck with breaking the news and sorting out the move. I suppose doing a moonlight flit and informing the school from the safe distance of your new home is out of the question?

Twiglett Fri 22-Apr-05 18:55:30

don't tell her until the move is sorted and you have a week to go

just don't

tamum Fri 22-Apr-05 18:57:26

May I just say this is one of my favourite ever thread titles?

Davros Fri 22-Apr-05 19:01:35

Second Twiglett, leave it as late as possible. Could all have happened last minute couldn't it? How far ahead do they tell you they're moving on?

mfh Fri 22-Apr-05 19:43:17

How gushing a letter can you bear to write, going on about how wonderful they've been?

Accompany it by a bottle of wine for the head, and a huge box of biscuits for the staffroom.

Beat a very hasty retreat.

But I had to laugh. And at the thought of what I would feel like if I were in your shoes!

Jayzmummy Fri 22-Apr-05 20:13:23

I just knew this was you by the thread title....sooooooo glad your around....I need a titter!!!!

Things will be OK Njata because the guys have you for their Mum....i know you wont take any crap from the new school... and I know the move will be a fresh start for all of you...onwards and upwards from now on eh.

Dont tell the school until the last week before you move.....circumstances have changed very quickly etc. How are they to know any different???

LittleNjataNoMates Fri 22-Apr-05 20:32:03

Considered faking dr's note saying we're all infected with leprosy and have been quaranteened to a remote island, but decided to tell them next week - moving 2nd week of May - but must admit, coppertops suggestion of doing a moonlight flit is terribly tempting!

Jayzmummy Fri 22-Apr-05 20:36:00

Hope the move goes well...dont forget to send me your new addy!!!!

LittleNjataNoMates Fri 22-Apr-05 20:51:20

ta love! I will e-mail you with me bits! xx n hugs to you, hub & kids xxx

btw, has anyone actually moved with asd kids? Any tips on how to help them thru it? (I'm going to cope with the help of my oldest chum, vodka. )

maryz Fri 22-Apr-05 21:36:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now