Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Disability Issues & Election

(9 Posts)
Davros Thu 21-Apr-05 20:17:40

Not comprehensive but interesting. I managed to read all 3 interviews!! I also went to the Vote fot the Most Popular Disabled TV Character and voted for Penny Pocket

3mainpartiesdisabilityinterviews

Chocol8 Thu 21-Apr-05 20:33:37

Hi Davros, similar but not the same is IPSEA's Election Pledges Campaign.

It aims to get candidates to pledge to take action to improve the situation in schools for children with SEN before we consider voting for them.

One of the IPSEA reps called to tell me about it, but if you visit the IPSEA site, it's on the right hand side at the top.

Just a thought, don't know if anyone is interested but promised my friend I would pass the info on to save her phoning most of Bedfordshire.

(Davros - next time i'm in your neck of the woods, i'll give you a call and see if you're around for a cuppa....be afraid....very afraid - I may have ds with me!).

Davros Thu 21-Apr-05 20:36:35

I don't scare easy! Would love to see you both. I must look at the IPSEA website too then as I'm still unsure.

Chocol8 Thu 21-Apr-05 21:00:35

Heh heh, glad you don't scare easy! Ds has been a little horror at home since he started his new school - I think it's the strain of trying to fit in and be liked by his peers (which they do) and then he gives me a rough deal later. Ahh well.

Hope to see you soon.

heartinthecountry Fri 22-Apr-05 10:07:38

Brilliant! thanks for posting this Davros - kept meaning to ask if anyone knew of a handy guide to what the main parties are offering on disability. It is certainly one of the main issues that is going to swing my vote for obvious reasons.

Davros Fri 22-Apr-05 11:21:17

On the Ouch! website where they are polling the most popular disabled TV character they've included Davros but I'm a alien aren't I? Maybe an alien in the playground... Choc, seriously I would love to see you, prob is I'm always so busy at weekends with DS... just let me know and I'll wangle something or come on a weekday, he can take a sickie from school can't he

Fio2 Fri 22-Apr-05 11:29:48

i think its really weird i have a penny too
but i have a simple brain

Fio2 Fri 22-Apr-05 11:30:40

i laugh at silly things, like brum, just my sense of humour that

heartinthecountry Fri 22-Apr-05 11:49:57

LOL at Davros on the disabled people list! How strange.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now