Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Mrs F - SATs update please????

(24 Posts)
popsycal Fri 15-Apr-05 11:51:03

how did it turn out in the end with school???

popsycal Fri 15-Apr-05 13:51:40

bump

popsycal Fri 15-Apr-05 19:23:21

cccccc

popsycal Sat 16-Apr-05 15:34:58

bump

popsycal Sat 16-Apr-05 22:49:30

BUMP JUS SAQW YOU ONLINE

popsycal Sun 17-Apr-05 16:42:26

?

popsycal Mon 18-Apr-05 14:07:29

?????????????????

TheRealMrsF Mon 18-Apr-05 22:09:04

thanks for remembering....... well, thanks to you and the letter i wrote with the info you gave me ithe school have agreed for him to write his answers then he has to read them to the scribe who will write them out legibly.... anyhow that's what i think is happening- i've had no correspondance from the teacher.....this is just from tom's perspective.

he's done some practice paers and he's a level 5 in science and 4 for literacy and numeracy....so very pleased with that!!! I think this scribe thing will get him possibly level 5 in the other 2 subjects too as when i looked at the practice papers..... most of the incorrect marked answers where when he wrote illegibly or he wrote abbreviations which mean nothing to anyone but him.....one of his AS things i guess!!!

He is very annpyed (and so am I ) that 'just' because a peer has broken her wrist whe is having a 'full' scribe...dictating and no writing at all.......he broke his right arm 2 years ago and attempted writing with his left hand....ofcourse i understand the need she has....just p's me off that i have to write and beg to get results!!!

He broke his glasses the other day...a screw fell out.... and i worried what we'd do if this happened during his SATS as he cannot focus properly without glasses.....so i solved the problem by buying a repair set....but now realise that i should of just left it to chance ....[sarcasm coming!!!.....]..... as if he had broken glasses then they'd have to scribe fully for him too!!!!

On 25th May (following a request another of my letters)...i am attending a meeting with the SENCO ,The secondary senco and the ed psych...ref his transition.

Tomorrow there's a school meeting abouit the 2 day residential trip arranged for after the SATS.... I am going to request that Tom be partnered with at least 1 of the 3 boys he says he likes....and with none of the 6 he finds upsetting.

he told me tonight that he 'is careful with friends as just when he gets to know someone they go off to someone else and laugh at him...so he's developed a DISTANCE STRATEGY ... which he also calls his 'FRIENDSHIP MECHANISM'....really sad he feels this way as this just illustrates the difficulties he has which he needs help with due to his AS...but cos of his high achademic ability he gets nothing.

Anyway...hhows the babe??? are you well???

popsycal Tue 19-Apr-05 11:45:40

wow am so glad there is something in place for him although not quite what you wanted
is he getting extra time too???

TheRealMrsF Tue 19-Apr-05 13:38:53

i am going to ask that tonight at the meeting i'm going to...his teacher will be there....the extra time for me is just as important.....however if the teacher says he completes the teasts in the given time span...then i will stress the need for a break so that he can pace himself...as what i think he does is rushes so he doesn't run out of time.

popsycal Tue 19-Apr-05 19:13:15

let me know how it went

TheRealMrsF Tue 19-Apr-05 19:44:01

....i forgot to ask!!!! we sorted out who he will share a room with at camp...he then showed me the form he has ready for the 'transcript'...then we got sidetracked!!

popsycal Tue 10-May-05 11:43:16

bump
how is this week going?

popsycal Tue 10-May-05 18:07:59

popsycal Tue 10-May-05 19:36:16

b

popsycal Wed 11-May-05 09:22:02

popsycal Thu 12-May-05 10:41:06

popsycal Fri 13-May-05 14:25:36

where is she

popsycal Fri 13-May-05 19:48:17

b

TheRealMrsF Fri 13-May-05 21:54:30

Hi!

Well....he broke his wrist the week b4 the SATS...so he ended up with a FULL SCRIBE after all!!!!!

He seems pleased and reckons he got more done and quicker...as he wasn't having to concentrate on writing etc.

thanks for asking!

popsycal Sat 14-May-05 12:11:14

very convenient

TheRealMrsF Sat 14-May-05 22:14:29

...i'm sure there's teachers at school who think we deliberately broke his wrist!!! Especially after i'd told a TA that tom was cross that a girl in his class had broken her hand and had a scribe!!!!!

popsycal Sun 15-May-05 10:47:24

lol
turned out fine in the end,,,dud he feel happy?

TheRealMrsF Mon 16-May-05 22:26:40

yes and on friday the class walked to a park nearby and had a picnic and then the TA treated them all to an icelolly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now