Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

School are finally getting extra support for DD1!!!

(7 Posts)
sparklymieow Wed 13-Apr-05 14:21:30

DH took DS and DD1 in this morning and was asked to sign a form so they can get extra support in place for DD1, the teacher said that they couldn't cope with her now and need extra support!! Well, we did warn them that they would need support in place before she started there in January!!!

coppertop Wed 13-Apr-05 14:23:41

Hurray! Does that mean she'll be on School Action/School Action+ now?

sparklymieow Wed 13-Apr-05 14:26:31

she is already on School action +, I think she has been put on the next stage now (EPF) which will get them about 7 hours a week.

sparklymieow Wed 13-Apr-05 14:32:18

I will have to go and chat to the SENCo/head, as I am not sure what stage she is on now, I am hoping they will apply for a Statement now....

coppertop Wed 13-Apr-05 14:34:06

At least if the statementing process is started you'll have the school on your side. It's one less battle to go through.

KarenThirl Thu 14-Apr-05 06:59:21

Brilliant news SM. Hope she does well with extra support.

sparklymieow Fri 15-Apr-05 23:59:48

recieved a letter from the school today saying they have redone her IEP and are now in a position to get the Advicory teacher in and get DD1 assesed... yea!!! I spoke to the SENCo/head and asked him how she was doing there and he said that she has some serious problems that need adressing, mainly her speech patterns, and learning... ah ah ah!! told them so!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now