Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Sitting Scheme

(5 Posts)
Yorkee Wed 13-Apr-05 13:33:39

We've got a someone from social services visiting tomorrow to discuss sitting scheme. It was recommended by my friend who has ASD sone and has used this sitter for 7 years. (its not the sitter visiting)

I mentioned about not being able to trust anyone but family etc and she told me to ring this woman. Apparently cos we get DLA we should be entitled to this, even though we dont have a social worker. (chucked the first ever one that visited out of my house)

Anyone got any info or tips before the visit?

jayzmummy Wed 13-Apr-05 14:34:43

Good Luck honey.xx

Merlot Wed 13-Apr-05 16:16:54

No tips - but I empathize with your feelings. We have been referred to Crossroads - where they can provide babysitting/childmind for you.

Is the sitting service the same thing?

Good Luck with the visit

macwoozy Wed 13-Apr-05 16:50:36

No tips, but I'd love to hear how you've got on, I'm in the same position as you, and to have a sitter who has expereince with asd would be a godsend.
Good luck

Jayzmummy Thu 14-Apr-05 09:13:47

Good Luck with your visit this afternoon Yorkee. Posted now because I off up to bristol to collect ds1 from the she dragon!!!! Post here wont you so I can see how it went when I get home later tonight.
xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now