Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Paediatrician Appointment looming

(4 Posts)
Punnet Tue 12-Apr-05 20:20:37

Well, my Doctor said he would try to cut the Paeds 1 year wait down for us (as we move soon), and he has... it took two weeks!

I am now terrified of whether we will listened to, or dismissed. Will they take us seriously after the letter they had from pre-school two years ago saying we are neurotic, or will the fact school can't cope and this is a second referral make a difference? I notice they didn't bother to write to the school for an opinion. I know what school would say; his classroom assistant greeted the news that we are moving today with a massive grin. Cow. He has (I'm sure) AS; he's hardly an axe murderer.

If anyone has any advice on how to handle this, or any knowledge of Dr Tandy at MPH, I'd appreciate it- forewarned is and all that.

I have to say, afte five years of hardly anyone listening, we are getting desperate for some help. We are so exhausted and my DH has been signed off for a month after exhaustion coz I simply cannot get S to understand sleep and night and all that. DH could lose job now.
We need a change!

Davros Tue 12-Apr-05 21:18:15

Where is MPH? I hope you get a decent Paed, they are the majority imo. All you can do at the appt is your best, maybe start to make a few notes now to get your thoughts in order.

Socci Tue 12-Apr-05 21:21:32

Message withdrawn

beccaboo Tue 12-Apr-05 22:05:35

Hi Punnet, have to echo what's been said, all the paediatricians we have seen have been lovely, sympathetic and have listened. I know this isn't always the case, but we have definitely had good experiences. Be very honest with them, and if you are struggling, say so.

I do think an opinion from the school would be helpful, their observations about peer interaction etc - maybe it would be worth calling the paed's secretary and suggesting it prior to your appt?

Our paed told our nursery (who then told me on the QT!) that the worst aspect of her job is dealing with parents who are in denial. The fact that you have an open mind about what's going on with your ds should stand you in good stead - hopefully the paed will only want to help. Good luck, and let us know how you get on .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now