Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Done laminating, need sticky-back-magnets now...

(11 Posts)
ChocolateGirl Tue 12-Apr-05 13:06:14

So does anyone know where you can get sticky-back-magnets, if there are such a thing? I need the equivalent of sticky back velcro pads, iyswim. I like the felt board but the novelty has worn off for ds, so I'm trying to move on to the magnetic board...

Any ideas gratefully received! Thanks.

Dingle Tue 12-Apr-05 13:14:51

You can get them from most craft suppliers. You can buy in either strips which you cut to size or smaller circles.

I am sure they sell them in Baker Ross. I will have a quick look around if I get the chance.

ChocolateGirl Tue 12-Apr-05 19:57:13

Thanks Dingle, found some strips on eBay now!

katzguk Tue 12-Apr-05 20:02:38

if your still interested a great little machine called a xyron 510 (~£30 in argos) can take a cartridge which means you can put magnets on the back of most things. It also has cartrdiegs to make stickers and laminate. best of all it uses no batteries or heat

Davros Tue 12-Apr-05 21:19:20

Oh god, I think I'm in love..... Xyron, what a beautiful name. Don't let MrsF see it before I can get my hands on one.... or that Coppertop

TheRealMrsF Wed 13-Apr-05 11:24:33

.....mmmmmmmmm......

Is there also such a thing as having 'Gold' or 'Silver' metalic looking ink cartridges for your home P.C....not relavent to this thread i know....but ....what's new???

MandM Wed 13-Apr-05 11:34:01

Mrs F - There was a thread about this on the arts and crafts board a while back. Don't think there's any such thing as metallic cartridges (though could well be wrong) but some clever people came up with the following which might be useful for you - I've tried them and they're really good:

In Word choose click on the tool bar where you can change the colour of the text. In my version of MS Word that's a bold, underlined Capital A.
Then choose 'More Colors', then 'Custom' and make sure you have RGB selected in 'Color Model'.
Then enter the numbers in the appropriate boxes as given below.

Gold / Red 204 / Green 204/ Blue 0

Silver/Red 151/ Green 151/ Blue 149

They are matt but quite effective.

try these too, this gold seems better

Gold
R-192/G-168/B-104

Dark Gold
R-165/G-138/B-82

Silver
R-151/G-151/B-168

MandM Wed 13-Apr-05 11:34:07

Mrs F - There was a thread about this on the arts and crafts board a while back. Don't think there's any such thing as metallic cartridges (though could well be wrong) but some clever people came up with the following which might be useful for you - I've tried them and they're really good:

In Word choose click on the tool bar where you can change the colour of the text. In my version of MS Word that's a bold, underlined Capital A.
Then choose 'More Colors', then 'Custom' and make sure you have RGB selected in 'Color Model'.
Then enter the numbers in the appropriate boxes as given below.

Gold / Red 204 / Green 204/ Blue 0

Silver/Red 151/ Green 151/ Blue 149

They are matt but quite effective.

try these too, this gold seems better

Gold
R-192/G-168/B-104

Dark Gold
R-165/G-138/B-82

Silver
R-151/G-151/B-168

TheRealMrsF Wed 13-Apr-05 12:30:14

s brilliant...will try those!

Maybe there's an 'invention oppertunity' out there for some entrepreneu (oop! Rubbish spelling!!!)for a metalic ink cartridge!!!

I will look through the craft threads.... as i want to make some wedding/anniversary cards etc....and fancied metalic gold/silver lettering.

Hijack Over!!!

Dingle Wed 13-Apr-05 12:38:08

You can emboss straight from the printer MrsF.
You need some embossing powder and a heat source, I use a heat gun, costs about £15. There is a good package in the ARGOS extra catalogue for about £20, it includes the gun, and ink pad and a few powders.

tamum Wed 13-Apr-05 12:41:39

You probably all know this, but you can get magnetic paper for printers. I have used it to make fridge magnets as party bag presents and stuff like that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now