Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Just feel like sobbing

(24 Posts)
JakB Tue 12-Apr-05 10:35:19

DD gone downhill again. Constant 'anger' attacks, crying all the time. She actually bit through her top last night. Really stressed out. Think she had gluten last Tuesday by mistake. Anybody else had this scenario after gluten has sneaked into their child's diet?
I feel as if I am going to explode with stress. Have first Earlybird session today, too.

gothicmama Tue 12-Apr-05 10:39:52

hugs

maddiemo Tue 12-Apr-05 10:42:33

So sorry JB.

Hope the Earlybird goes well. I made good friends on mine. You can also grill everybody about what school their child will attend and what provision their child gets.

jayzmummy Tue 12-Apr-05 10:44:47

Hugs JakB. Hope the Early Bird session helps.

ThomCat Tue 12-Apr-05 10:47:26

My bottom lip properly stuck out and turned down when I read your post. So sorry babes

motherinferior Tue 12-Apr-05 10:49:35

Oh babe, I'm SO sorry.

JakB Tue 12-Apr-05 10:50:39

Ah, thanks guys. It's just so up and down. She has been an absolute sweetheart for a couple of weeks, then it goes pear-shaped again. Sometimes, it's just very hard

motherinferior Tue 12-Apr-05 10:53:59

As I think we've said before, this happens with NT kids too - that's not meant to underplay your situation AT ALL, obviously, just to commiserate about parenthood, ds, etc...

Marina Tue 12-Apr-05 10:54:47

JakB, I'm so sorry. A hug from me too. Hope the session goes well.

maddiemo Tue 12-Apr-05 11:02:37

Troughs are hard times. I think it is because they compound the life long aspect of it all.
Progress is made but the core problem reamins.

Big hug from me too. Are you ready to be videoed for the EB? I did enjoy it and you do learn a lot from other peoples videos.

JakB Tue 12-Apr-05 11:06:43

maddiemo, absolutely. I know exactly what you mean. Am totally stressed out so will probably end up sobbing on the video plus DD is delirious and angry so should make for interesting footage!

APPLE68 Tue 12-Apr-05 11:34:41

Mine is kicking off quite badly at the moment and being very violent with it too so I know how you feel. It's horrid because a few weeks ago I was thinking we'd started to manage much better and now we seem to have regressed once again.

Oh well, a big hug for you to keep you going

Mandxx

Jimjams Tue 12-Apr-05 11:38:30

EXACTLY this scenario after gluten (or used to - no reaction the last couple of times- but this reaction following additives)

Usually lasts about a week or so tops.....

coppertop Tue 12-Apr-05 11:43:41

Sorry you're having such a tough time, JakB.

I hope the Earlybird stuff goes well. Fingers crossed.

beccaboo Tue 12-Apr-05 12:30:04

JakB, so sorry to hear this. Hope she's feeling better soon. It must be tough to deal with.

MandM Tue 12-Apr-05 13:02:31

Hugs to you and DD. Hope Earlybird goes well for you today and that things get a little easier soon.

Socci Tue 12-Apr-05 13:05:07

Message withdrawn

KarenThirl Tue 12-Apr-05 14:07:53

Sorry it's so bad for you right now. Hope Earlybird goes OK, and tomorrow's better.

Davros Tue 12-Apr-05 17:04:06

JakB, so sorry to hear this. Sadly I know how it feels Its so hard, the ups and downs, isn't it? I think maybe Earlybird is perfect timing for you. I don't really have anything to suggest. I was saying to some friends only last week that I've been on many talks, presentations, conferences, seminars on Challenging Behaviour and SIB but can I DO much about it? Not really. I just hope it was the gluten that did it, then at least you can avoid it.

maddiemo Tue 12-Apr-05 19:38:16

How did EB go?

Merlot Tue 12-Apr-05 20:22:31

Oh JakB I'm hoping that there will be another `up' coming your way soon If you dont mind me asking what's Earlybird?

JakB Thu 14-Apr-05 19:35:52

Things have improved- hence my appearance on here. I think it was DEFINITELY gluten. So I learn a lesson. God, it's such a rollercoaster. Earlybird was OK but dd wasn't very engageable (cue me standing on head, virtually, trying to get her to take any notice of me).

Blossomhill Thu 14-Apr-05 19:36:45

Glad things have improved JakB xxx
It's amazing how big a part diet plays isn't it???

JakB Thu 14-Apr-05 19:38:51

Yeah, every so often I think I'm just being ridiculous and faddy and OTT and it's probably not making any difference. Then she gets a whiff of additives/gluten/dairy and all hell breaks loose

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: