Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

any one had experience with statementing process.

(5 Posts)
butty Sat 09-Apr-05 21:21:24

Hi all,

Just had the parent advice form for the statementing process which i have filled and sent back with the help of my HV.
Last night was looking through all the booklets and it appeared that it is extremely hard for your child to be statemented.
My son is 27 months old and has GDD and Hypotonia, he is unable to walk although he is almost there and he is unable to talk and has no communication skills and they have stated that he is on the average of a 9-12 month old.
Any advice or experiences would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

onlyjoking Sat 09-Apr-05 23:40:35

i think it really depends where you live ask other parents in your area, they dont like to statement as it costs them money but my three all have statements and i didn't have any problems, the only people that i know that have had problems are those who have tried to get statements for kids 7 plus, my son had his statement for his third birthday my twin girls got theres at four and a half, just push for it, good luck

anniebear Sun 10-Apr-05 09:54:42

My DD is 3 and we got Statemented no problem. She has Global delay and various other things but is doing really well considering.

We just got told when she was around 2.2yrs that she was to have one done, it was all straight forwrd and she started in a special needs pre schol 4 months later (we were lucky, the Head siad she would take her a few months early although the statement hadnt come through)

anniebear Sun 10-Apr-05 09:57:05

Presume your Child sees a Dr?

Ours at the Development Centre did all that side of things

Potty1 Sun 10-Apr-05 10:34:03

Butty - no personal experience, but IPSEA have loads of info.

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now