Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Come on laydees, I want your opinion on the MN Toddler book SN chapter

(13 Posts)
morningpaper Mon 09-Feb-09 16:30:48

You were all SO AMAZINGLY HELPFUL when I asked for help with the chapter.

Has anyone read it yet? Is it okay?

I was surprised they used the cartoon that you suggested (can't remember who it was) - I thought it was a bit cheeky! grin

kettlechip Mon 09-Feb-09 17:31:50

I liked it, thought it was sensitively written and helpful!
I thought it was great that you actually included the section when other parenting guides seem to steer well clear of SN, or are just hopelessly misinformed. I was late recognising potential ASD in ds1 due to the total claptrap written about it in the "What to Expect" toddler book. Thumbs up from me!

TotalChaos Mon 09-Feb-09 17:58:42

not managed to leaf through it in Waterstones get my hands on a copy yet. will report back, and think it's really nice of you to ask smile

sarah293 Tue 10-Feb-09 18:43:40

Message withdrawn

troutpout Tue 10-Feb-09 19:25:39

what? where? who?
<<donfused>>
i am not the most observant of creatures though...where do i find this?

troutpout Tue 10-Feb-09 19:26:00

<<confused>> even

kettlechip Tue 10-Feb-09 20:53:26

I hadn't actually noticed that cartoon when I posted, so it was particularly apt for me!!

I liked all the focus on trusting your instincts, and squashing the doubters and really hope all mums read the chapter, even if they are lucky enough not to have any need to.

Peachy Tue 10-Feb-09 21:23:47

oh i haven't seen it yet didnt realise there was an sn section

will order book next wek; in my amazon basket but natwest accidenbtally cancelled my card gggrrrrrrrrrr

2shoesformyvalentine Tue 10-Feb-09 21:38:45

haven't seen it as I haven't got a todler.
suprised though that mn would use anything from the sn topic.

Woooozle100 Tue 10-Feb-09 21:56:15

oh can't you copy and paste it here mp? grin Are there any contributions off ejb1976? Did you sift through the sn posts or was it only stuff that was consciously sent as a tip for the book?

TotalChaos Tue 24-Feb-09 12:24:50

Had quick whizz through the chapter in Borders - thought it was very good and very thorough on coverage of social/emotional issues, and steered clear of health information, which is understandable, as it's not a medical textbook. being picky - I thought you could have put something about sometimes needing to be persistent with HV/GP and following your instincts, and anything separately about language/communication problems. Not sure if I just didn't spot it, but I don't recall you mentioning in some cases involvement of SS disability team and respite, but I may not have picked up on that.

FioFio Tue 24-Feb-09 13:30:14

Message withdrawn

Arabica Tue 24-Feb-09 23:17:05

I liked the 'mumsnetiquette' paragraph about why, for example, a bigger child than expected might be using a buggy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now