Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

OMG Is it possible to see massive changes after only 1 week of dietary change???

(85 Posts)
Blossomhill Thu 07-Apr-05 22:04:30

Have taken out all processed foods and giving as much organic as possible to all of us.
I have noticed the biggest change with dd (aged 5) it's untrue. She is calmer, more loving and is even being rather chatty this week.
She was so funny earlier as she even asked to do her sensory program!
It was just things like going the library this morning and queueing up with her books and so calmly as well.
I think that 1 she may have found or gained something from Bibic and 2 it must be her new non-processed diet.
Whatever it is I am very happy all the same

TheRealMrsF Thu 07-Apr-05 23:23:06

also the good vibes rub off all round....so briiliant news!!!

Blossomhill Thu 07-Apr-05 23:24:53

That is so true MrsF about the positive vibes. relaxed mummy means relaxed child.
Mind you today I have been the woman from hell. My mum even bought me a key ring as my joke present for xmas that says:-
"approach with caution PMT in progress"

hunkermunker Thu 07-Apr-05 23:27:19

Hooray BH! Yes, I'd say it's possible to see changes that quickly - just feed her coca-cola and smarties and you'll see how quick the opposite can happen too

tigi Thu 07-Apr-05 23:42:18

i've changed my 5yo's diet exactly the same way, nearly 4 weeks ago, and noticed he is a lot calmer, and not so emotional. He is even drinking water, instead of asking for fizzy flavoured water.

JakB Fri 08-Apr-05 07:11:59

Hurrah!!!!!! Great news love

Merlot Fri 08-Apr-05 09:14:06

Amazing, that's fantastic stuff BH .

Did you see my email about dh not wanting me to use MSN messenger - So will send conventional email instead

Blossomhill Fri 08-Apr-05 09:21:49

Sorry Merlot - I have seen it and thought I had e-mailed you back.
Please e-mail me with any queries you have. Did you hear we had the CARS result back (child autism rating scale) and it was such a relief to have the result in black and white. Like you we don't have a dx and it was always in the back of my mind. Guess what though? I am worrying about how efficient the cars test is now??? Someone slap me please....

beccaboo Fri 08-Apr-05 09:45:49

BH, that's fantastic . I think you can see a difference that quickly. After only two days of being dairy free we saw a huge change in ds, we couldn't believe it. Have you had much success finding yeast-free alternatives?

Blossomhill Fri 08-Apr-05 09:46:42

Hi Beccaboo - no haven't made yeast free bread yet but have switched to organic. Going to tackle that wehn they go back to school next week!

MandM Fri 08-Apr-05 09:54:13

Thought you just said you were more relaxed BH...lol
Have also been trying to change the diet in ur house for the last couple of weeks. Have always cooked everything from scratch but still felt that I was the only one eating enough fruit and especially veg. And guess what, dd has been absolutely fine with it, she is eating a lot better and a lot more regularly as well as seeming happier and chirpier. But dh is a different matter, what an absolute baby! He even had a tantrum last night because I made broccoli and cauliflower with the steak pie instead of his normal baked beans................

Blossomhill Fri 08-Apr-05 10:30:13

Wow MandM - that's great news isn't it!

coppertop Fri 08-Apr-05 10:36:40

That sounds like great news, BH. Whatever it is you've been doing is obviously having a good effect.

Blossomhill Fri 08-Apr-05 10:37:44

Thanks Coppertop. I am stunned myself by how calm dd is being. Not sure if it also coincides with the lack of school as she does get stressed at school at times I think!

Davros Fri 08-Apr-05 11:44:20

Great news BH. Will it be OK when she goes back to school? Do you send packed lunch? You can get stickers, from GLTC I think, that say "X is allergic to Y" or something like that, you can slap them on everything so no-one can miss it.

TheRealMrsF Fri 08-Apr-05 11:45:40

thinking of yeast free bread...are you still allowed nrmal flour...isf so....make scones and eat them whilst slightly warm or def the same day ...and they are de-lish.

MandM Fri 08-Apr-05 11:53:28

BH - Do you think it is the fact that the foods are organic that has made the biggest impact for your DD? Just wondering because I don't buy that much organic produce at the moment, just the odd bits and pieces, but anything that helps......

rummum Fri 08-Apr-05 13:51:03

We've changed our 'eating habits' this week.. we're all eating together as a family at 7pm when hubby gets home from work... instead of kids at 5, then us later. I've also started to give the kids smart omega 3's starting from about a month ago and the change in my kids has been amazing... Out went the processed foods and I have been cooking a meal almost from scratch, with things like cucumber, peppers, crusty bread and butter on the table for the kids to help them selves to. Son has a lot of allergies, so all the food has been dairy, nut and egg free...
The kids go back to school next week so we'll see how this new routine goes...
I'm racking my brains to what to cook for tea tonight... any idea's anyone...

bambi06 Sat 09-Apr-05 08:44:15

anyone know if there is a yeast free alternative to marmmite as my son has an exremely limited diet and i want to try yeast free..probably hopeless request as it probably doesnt exist but theres always hope

jayzmummy Sat 09-Apr-05 09:29:41

Bovril is a good alternative....although it has a very small ammount of yeast in it....our nutitionalist told us to use it as a good yeast free alternative....the body does need some yeast and the yeast free diet should not be used permanantly unless their is an allergy to yeast.

If you are reducing yeats levels as a de-toxifying method try using epsom salts baths twice weekly....1/2 cup of epsom salts in the bath water....it helps to draw out toxins and speeds up the process.....you also need to use some liquid biocidin.

jayzmummy Sat 09-Apr-05 09:36:39

Blossy....I dont want to scare you BUT dd's behaviour will be noticably better for the first 10 days after starting the diet....THEN.....she WILL crash big style....she will become a little monster and her behaviour will become intollerable....PLEASE stick with the diet...I know the girls at BIBIC would have told you that there will be a behavioural change and that it will be a rocky road for a few days.....bear with it.....this is natural...its the toxins leaving the body and its just a natural reaction to the removal of yeast.
"Our Yorkie" was in tears for a few days when it happened.....but she rode the storm...just as I did when J went through the diet change...hold on in there because it will be so worth it in the end.

Just dont want to scare you....but I would rather you know the reason why all of a sudden dd isnt being so nice....prepare yourself. xxxxx

Blossomhill Sat 09-Apr-05 10:44:10

Oh Jayzmummy - yes I heard that may happen. Oh god just waiting for dd to turn into she-devil then lol
Thanks, it's always good to be prepared!

louismama Sat 09-Apr-05 10:50:06

BH was really interested about the things youve say about bibic if its not terribly rude to ask how expensive is it, as its a route we might consider for ds at so point.

bambi06 Sat 09-Apr-05 13:36:31

what does bibic stand for?

RnB Sat 09-Apr-05 13:39:28

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now