Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Just wanted to say a big thanks

(9 Posts)
Frasersmum123 Tue 27-Jan-09 15:04:12

To everyone who has replied to my thread and given me support regarding my 2 year olds lack of communication and understanding.

I have been to see the GP and she thinks that I am right to be concerned (TG becuase DH makes me feel like I am making it all up).

The GP told me to go to my HV appointment on Monday and to speak to her about my concerns and see what she thinks, if I dont get on there okay then to go back to her and she will refer us to a Paed at the QMC.

So I will wait until Monday and see what my HV says. She is a lovely lady and really knows what she is talking about. I will ask for a SALT referal (I know it was said on another thread to refer myself but I have no idea how to do that?)

Thanks again everyone, you have all made me feel really welcome on here - there are some SN boards that seem very snobby, but you are all lovely xxx

cyberseraphim Tue 27-Jan-09 15:16:54

It's good to get some progress even if the path is uncertain. Is the idea that the HV will decide whether to refer on to the Paed if she thinks there is something to investigate? I don't know if it has been mentioned before but try to find out if there is a Hanen program (for speech delayed children) running in your area. The Speech Therapy service should be able to tell you.

5inthebed Tue 27-Jan-09 16:27:46

Great news, good luck for Monday.

PeachyBAHonsPRSCertOnRequest Tue 27-Jan-09 16:28:49

Ah well done, good to see you have an supportive team about you.

luckylady74 Tue 27-Jan-09 16:33:50

Just wanted to say hi Frasersmum , I am in Nottingham and went through the dx process with my now 6yrold ds1 3 years ago - he has aspergers syndrome.
If you ever want to cat me about local services/groups or anything really feel free smile

TotalChaos Tue 27-Jan-09 16:33:52

glad the appointment went well.

HelensMelons Tue 27-Jan-09 18:03:23

glad the appointment went well and good luck for Monday.

coppertop Tue 27-Jan-09 19:34:03

Good luck for Monday, Frasersmum. xx

Frasersmum123 Thu 29-Jan-09 16:16:52

Well I took 4 month DD to be weighed today and normally it is rammed with people but there was only us there so I got to speak to the HV. She says that she will refer him on Monday to a SALT if I go and sign a form, I didnt even have to ask (I dont know why I imagined having to fight for it). I dont really know how long the waiting list in our area is? LuckyLady - do you have any idea?

So at least we have taken the first step!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now