Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Have you seen this AQ test?

(126 Posts)
Wallace Fri 01-Apr-05 21:25:43

I read this board a fair bit, and have read that some of you with Autistic kids reckon you may be on the spectrum yourselves.

I cam across this test while I was looking for info on asperger's as I sometimes suspect dd may be borderline. I scored 32 which certainly makes ME borderline!

laneydaye Fri 01-Apr-05 21:31:52

i scored 5 what exactly does that mean...

Katemum Fri 01-Apr-05 21:35:33

I scored 34!!!

coppertop Fri 01-Apr-05 21:37:08

I scored 38. Eeek!

trefusis Fri 01-Apr-05 21:44:04

Message withdrawn

Socci Fri 01-Apr-05 21:47:52

Message withdrawn

Wallace Fri 01-Apr-05 21:59:56

I think 5 means you are too normal

MrsEffingFedUpful Fri 01-Apr-05 22:04:27

Well....i scored 35...CT you beat me!!! Grrrrrrh!
(mind u a few times i hovered over the answers and reckon if i was more decisive i would have scored higher.....couldn't make up my mind on several answers)

MistressMary Fri 01-Apr-05 22:08:24

i got 29

MrsEffingFedUpful Fri 01-Apr-05 22:14:50

So.....I know Coppertop and I are of the same opinion about thinking we are 'somwhere over the spectrum'....but what about the rest of you.... if you are around the magic 32 mark...... do you feel vaguely Autistic etc???? Or like the writer says do you 'have no difficulty functioning in their everyday lives.'

Socci Fri 01-Apr-05 22:22:13

Message withdrawn

Wallace Fri 01-Apr-05 22:23:53

I don't think I have any more "difficulty functioning in everyday life" than anybody else. But I am, I think, a bit different

Now I have looked into it a bit I think out of five siblings in my family, four of us have autistic traits!

A few things in that test rang a bell. Like noticing if people have had their haircut etc. I don't notice, I think this is because I don't actually look at people. I also have problems recognising people. I will see someone out somewhere and not be totally sure that it is them...if you knoew what I mean

JakB Fri 01-Apr-05 22:24:02

Mrsbloodyreallyfedup, are you oK?
I scored 14
But I'm deffo not normal
dd's therapists have noticed I pull my polo neck over my head when I want to avoid a conversation- just like one of the boys they work with!
There wasn't a question on that...

Jimjams Fri 01-Apr-05 22:24:53

I scored 7. He doesn't get from me Actually dh would score a low number as well on that test- I think it comes down to the old type 1 and type 2's again!

Wallace Fri 01-Apr-05 22:25:45

type 1 and type 2s? tell me more?

Socci Fri 01-Apr-05 22:27:59

Message withdrawn

coppertop Fri 01-Apr-05 22:31:18

Sorry, MrsF. I promise to re-do the test and get a lower score.

I found some of the questions difficult to answer too. The one about whether you would prefer to go to a museum or a theatre. I found myself pedantically thinking that this would surely depend upon what was being shown/displayed etc. I actually picked the museum but then wondered if I'd be so keen if it was a "Mens Underwear Through The Ages" type of exhibition.

MrsEffingFedUpful Fri 01-Apr-05 22:33:10

that bit about 'noticing changes with other people etc' i find a bit confusing....as strange though it seems....though autistic people are thought to 'not notice people' as much as they 'notice things'..... if you take the classroom situation etc....and 'change' the teacher for a 'different' once.... as soon as the autistic child 'simply sees' the teacher they will fel unsure and axious.... so i believe that noticing details of people is picked up by autists....but it's what they do with the 'imformation' that's different- so for example on the haircut stuff...... they may well notice the haircut....but in the case of my HFA-AS boyys ...they simply would 'only notice it'....not comment on it etc.

Hope this makes sence.....this is why i feel I scored only 35 on this because i do notice things....or join in socialy.....but the 'dialogue' going on in my head to keep me 'focussed' in these circumstances i feel is 'unusual'.....

MrsEffingFedUpful Fri 01-Apr-05 22:35:11

we meet again CT.... yep THAT is EXACTLY my point....on many of the questions i was annalysing them...... and for the librabry/museam questions i did what you did- imagined 'on balance' what would be there to tempt me to either- then decided which had the strongest pull!!!!

trefusis Fri 01-Apr-05 22:37:25

Message withdrawn

coppertop Fri 01-Apr-05 22:39:22

MrsF - I strongly suspect that it took us twice as long to finish this test. I'm so indecisive and over-analytical about everything.
(Including just realising that "analytical" actually starts with "anal"!)

RnB Fri 01-Apr-05 22:46:15

Message withdrawn

Socci Fri 01-Apr-05 22:46:23

Message withdrawn

MrsEffingFedUpful Fri 01-Apr-05 22:47:06

But is it 'RETENTIVE'!!! ????

coppertop Fri 01-Apr-05 22:48:14

Retentive and PROUD, MrsF!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now