Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

more gagging puking since the tube

(6 Posts)
sarah293 Tue 13-Jan-09 14:13:51

Message withdrawn

LottieDugalo Tue 13-Jan-09 16:22:02

My dd has been sick but only when I try to give her too much extra iyswim? We're supposed to be building in 200 mls milk extra but failing at the moment, how much water are you giving? In what size bolus?

trace2 Tue 13-Jan-09 16:24:01

dd gags if she gets to much, but she carnt be sick as shes had fundo

glitteryb6 Tue 13-Jan-09 17:32:13

ds pukes once a day since his fundo burst (or didnt, depending on who you ask!) but he always was a puker with the reflux?/dystonic spasms?/milk protein intolerance? (delete depending on who you ask!)

i did read that reflux can sometimes get worse after a gastrostomy apparently, what meds is she on?

according to GOSH website, sickness can be caused by too much volume at one time or the feed being too cold, and for gagging you could try venting the tube?

ds used to drink really well through a straw but since having the button he refuses to drink orally at all now so if i want him to have something after a meal i have to syringe it in!

glitteryb6 Tue 13-Jan-09 17:36:00

www.journals.elsevierhealth.com/periodicals/yclnu/article/PIIS026156149680238X/abstract

ok this is relating to old folk but it reckons 8 out of 12 patients developed reflux after PEG

glitteryb6 Tue 13-Jan-09 17:49:43

archpedi.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/140/7/699

this one studied 5 kids with vomiting and poor weight gain after PEG.

prolonged pH testing before the op revealed no notable gastroesophageal reflux, but after the op they all had significant reflux but continuous tube feeding got them to weigh enough to do the anti reflux surgery hmm

someone i know whose son has had a tube for a few years now, after a particularly nasty puking experience where he nearly choked is now looking at getting a fundo...thats if i havent put her off!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now