Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

uncontrollable seizures-need a GOOD Dr at Bristol Childrens Hosp-advice please.

(4 Posts)
monstermansmum Sun 11-Jan-09 22:01:53

Hi. I have a friend whose Dd (5) currently in BCH with Uncontrollable seizures. They are seeing Dr called Callaghan or O'Callaghan? They are not dissatisfied with the Dr but so few medical professionals have experience of dealing with the above problem or with Angelman Kids. I have exp of the problem with my son but not with the Hosp. Therefore, can anyone reccommend from personal exp a Dr that may have a little more exp with severe seizures? Thanks.

Widemouthfrog Mon 12-Jan-09 12:53:48

We see Dr Patel at BCH for epilepsy (paediatric neurologist), but DS's seizures have never been as severe as your friends DD - it is complicated by an ASD though. We have been happy so far though - off there in an hour actually. I did find the general paediatric consultant was crap when we were first referred (he said my DS didn't look like he had an ASD to him and he didn't have epilepsy - actually he has both!)

Not sure if this is useful. I haven't come across anyone called OCallaghan. Is the current consultant a specialist?

monstermansmum Mon 12-Jan-09 18:12:44

Thanks WMF, I was given the name Jayesh Patel by another parent so I am assuming its the same Dr? I will pass it on, Thankyou!

Widemouthfrog Mon 12-Jan-09 20:33:59

Yes, Jayesh Patel is the one.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: