Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DS2 loses his boots tomorrow....wahey!

(15 Posts)
dinosaur Thu 31-Mar-05 10:23:32

As some of you know my DS2 was born with bilateral talipes (clubfoot). As part of his treatment he has had to wear boots with a bar between the heels to keep his feet braced at the correct angle - originally he had to wear them all the time, then just for sleeping. He's had them since August 2002.

ANYWAY - last autumn his consultant said to wear them for another six months, then discard them - SO tonight is his last night of wearing them!!!!!!

We have to go back to see the consultant in the autumn to have his feet x-rayed and all that, so I will be a bit nervous then, but in the meantime perhaps you will join me in celebrating freedom from the tyranny of the boots for my little geezer!

SPARKLER1 Thu 31-Mar-05 10:24:47

Whoooooo-hooooooo!!! Raising my cup of coffee to you!

coppertop Thu 31-Mar-05 10:26:11

Hurray!

I'll join you in your boot-losing celebrations.

maddiemo Thu 31-Mar-05 10:27:19

I'm pleased for you both.

Is ds2 old enough to understand the big occasion?

dinosaur Thu 31-Mar-05 10:28:28

Oh yes, he's four in August, he knows all about it! He's taking in lollypops to nursery tomorrow to celebrate (although most of the kids there are younger than him and hardly anyone will remember him from the days when he had to wear his boots all the time, or before that when he was in plaster casts from hips to tiptoes!).

maddiemo Thu 31-Mar-05 10:31:40

That is lovely for him. What a special day he will have at nursery.

dinosaur Thu 31-Mar-05 10:41:40

Thanks everyone!

He has always been a little star about his treatment. I just hope that his feet carry on being okay. My second cousin has a boy with clubfoot as well and he has had loads of operations already

binkie Thu 31-Mar-05 21:56:16

Late to the party - no doubt he's asleep in them right now.

Congratulations!!

Now, will you be getting them bronzed?

Davros Fri 01-Apr-05 09:55:51

Hi Dino, congrats on this great news!

dinosaur Fri 01-Apr-05 09:58:18

He woke up at 2 a.m. needing a wee so the boots came off then.

He's gone off to nursery clutching his bag of lollies so there will be some very hyper kids in the E5 area this avo

SoupDragon Fri 01-Apr-05 10:00:02

That's wonderful

coppertop Fri 01-Apr-05 10:51:33

Congratulations to the bootless mini-Dino.

Cosmo74 Fri 01-Apr-05 11:18:32

Congratulations Dino & your DS - hope he has a wonderful day!!!!!

:0:0:0

Cosmo74 Fri 01-Apr-05 11:18:34

Congratulations Dino & your DS - hope he has a wonderful day!!!!!

:0:0:0

Blu Mon 04-Apr-05 14:27:22

Oooh, missed this important 'step' Dinosaur.
Excellent news - and congratulations for getting such brilliant treatment for your DS, it can't have been easy schlepping so far for appointments all these years. So pleased it has worked out. WEll done your DS!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now