Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

even Yet MORE gastrostomy drama!!!

(9 Posts)
trace2 Mon 05-Jan-09 09:14:14

dh triped over her feeding tube pulled mickey straight out ,we manged to put it back in gone to feed her this morning nothing will go in sad waiting for nurse we have not got an other mickey what the hell will we do? iv had enough now

glitteryb6 Mon 05-Jan-09 10:22:20

bugger trace! know how you feel!

Ok, forgive me for asking the obvious, and apologies if you have, but have you did a pH sample and checked its in the right place, in the gastrostomy tract and not the abdominal cavity? if so and it wont flush in her i would be tempted to take it back out and flush it, then stick it back in?

hope it gets sorted soon....buttons eh?

trace2 Mon 05-Jan-09 14:58:13

glittery i have no idea, the nurse came to check whats happing brought something to check acid hmm anyway it was blocked she pulled and tugged and some thing purple came out what was blocking it,no idea what but shes taking the fluid to be checked. but it works now i am so fed up with it all.

sarah293 Mon 05-Jan-09 15:15:04

Message withdrawn

glitteryb6 Mon 05-Jan-09 19:56:09

purple?? glad its working now though!

can they not give you some spare buttons just incase? i always try to keep two in the house given Ev's recent activities but unfortunately the two i have at the moment are 14fr and he uses a 12 fr now, spare 12's were supposed to be delivered today from Homeward but nothing appeared again hmm

on the upside though the exudate has now gone and the Maxitrol seems to be doing the job on the granulation. its receeded quite a bit and whats left has went white and looks ready to fall off smile

Bet you feel quite jammie just getting a PEG now Riven! grin

josey Mon 05-Jan-09 21:04:10

Oh for five minutes(puting it politely for a changegrin)

Kinda glad we have the PEG also...consultant wants to change in a few months if site heals nicely....think I will tell him to bog off

You would think they could come up with a better solution, like a cross between the PEG and the micky.

Hope the purple isnt anything too strange!

cherryc Mon 05-Jan-09 22:27:37

Sorry to rub it in but we've had the mic-key for 15 months now with no problems. It did come out once (burst for no apparent reason) but it was way overdue a change. Other than that no dangly tubes, easy to look after and we don't even notice it's there most of the time.

sarah293 Tue 06-Jan-09 08:41:07

Message withdrawn

trace2 Tue 06-Jan-09 08:47:59

well all ok now or for now lol

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: