Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

special needs equipment anyone know whre i can get.....

(5 Posts)
jennybensmummy Fri 02-Jan-09 21:31:19

im sick of pestering the health visitor and everyone else involved with ben to get some information on these and struggling, anyone help me find...
- stairgate needs to be hard to climb, and also very hard to open as my son can open all the standard types i have sen anywhere!!
- bedguard - he is a 3 year old but heavy and rolls an awful lot in his sleep so normal ones just dont work with him!!
- padded mats, ben self harms and throws himself off the floor and wondering if i got him something like this for his room and walls it might make it safer?!?!

daisy5678 Fri 02-Jan-09 21:37:34

Sounds like a safespace might be a good plan -
www.safespaces.co.uk/ you should be able to get this through Social Services if you have a Disability Team social worker. I think it would be through the Occupational Therapy team via SS.

Have a look and see what you think - might solve a lot of the problems.

Saker Fri 02-Jan-09 22:01:21

Fledglings might be able to help you source things.

5inthebed Fri 02-Jan-09 22:56:02

With regards to the stairgates, can you get dog gates for the doors, as they are a lot higher than normal baby gates. A friend of mine has these for her son with ASD (he is 7) and they work a treat. I think I'll eventually resort to them.

Good luck in your search. I'll try find the gates when I have a few more working brain cells.

i have got one of the dog gates for dd1 (3.9) because she is a monkey (literally) and could climb over a normal sized gate in 1.5 secs flat. she can get over the dog gate but not as easily (she is very tall for her age, in 5-6 year old clothes). they are a good idea, and it takes two hands to open it so she cant do that as she doesnt have the coordination.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now