Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

The True Meaning Of Easter : AKA My Easter Egg Hunt as told by MrsF

(15 Posts)
MrsFROSTgetful Sun 27-Mar-05 17:38:09

Yes....again yesterday i spent approx 1 hour driving round all the local shops on my annual Easter Egg Hunt.

Sorry to ruin your illusion of the easter bunny etc....I KNOW HE DOES NOT EXIST!!!!!

None of the major supermarkets had any left....and last week b4 we went to Butlins they were falling off the shelves there were so many!!!
But as usual i forgot to buy them.

Then today i was absolutely thrown to pieces by the clocks changing (please don't say that DH was wrong and they did't change after all)
Is it just me or do any of you suffer when the clocks change....i am really at sixes and sevens!!!!! ....actually i don't know whether that should be fivesees and sixes...or sevenses and eights???? I am totally out of it today!

Then just to fully piss me off i am reminded bitterly of 'HOW THE NT'S LIVE' when next door hosts it's annual 'Easter Egg Hunt'....in their garden....mum,dad ,'perefct' daughter and son....granny,nanny and camcorder capturing it all to be viewed at precisely 4.30 in time for high tea at exactly 5pm......followed by baths at 6 and 7 and bed at 7 and 8 ....each child not complaining that they can't sleep and snuggling away in the land of Zzzzzzs

Actually- i have to 'put up' with this every day to some degree....they are always off for family get togethers and shopping trips that i only dream of.

For me.... be it Christmas,easter or birthdays...there is not much about it that i enjoy.....it's too hard keeping everyone content and away from eachothers throats or from having meltdowns.

LGJ Sun 27-Mar-05 17:47:22

Oh dear, you are not having a good day are you ??

How old are your children ?

Who are the NT 's ??

Tomorrow is Monday and it will be neither here nor there by then, as to whether you aranged an Easter Egg Hunt.

coppertop Sun 27-Mar-05 17:50:15

You only have to look at my posts for today to see how frazzled my head is. I just can't seem to think straight at all today.

Friends and relatives had already bought chocolate eggs (which will usually last the boys several months) so we bought a little present instead. Both are mad about spiderman (or "Byder-mah" as ds2 calls it) so we bought them Spiderman cups, a bowl and a spoon with Spiderman on instead.

Holidays to us usually involve a lot of careful planning for Meltdown Avoidance. Even then it tends to go wrong. The Christmas holidays were hell and we've got even longer off for Easter. Aaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!

MrsFROSTgetful Sun 27-Mar-05 17:51:44

Hi LGJ- I have 2 (maybe 3 ) autistic boys age almost 6,9 & 12.... the 'NT's' are what us Special Needs Parents call the 'Neuro Typical'...basically those who do not have Autism,ADHD and other conditions which display 'Behaviour Problems' as symptoms!!!!

(in laymans terms for me anything vaguely 'social' presents problems for my boys as they cannot cope with 'Normal Family get togethers!'

MrsFROSTgetful Sun 27-Mar-05 17:55:21

yes CT our easter chocs last ages too...that's if DH and me don't scoff the lot! one thing i guess we are luck about with our boys which maybe i should be grateful for is that they simply share the whole lot- so the one who doesn't like the actual egg...even though we know it's still the same dairymilk- just in a egg shape- which ofcourse he cannot accept..... ear=ts the bars of chocs...and the egg gets scoffed by me!!!!

MrsFROSTgetful Sun 27-Mar-05 17:55:48

mind u only if it's dairymilk- i hate nesle and kinnerton etc!!!!

LGJ Sun 27-Mar-05 17:57:48

Oh dear honey,

And I am not being patronising, that must be really difficult.

But seriously, today is nearly over and tomorrow it really will be all the same.

If I offered my DS a choice between an Egg hunt and time in Butlins, I know which would win.

None of us are superwoman, so please don't beat yourself up about it.

Hope tomorrow is better for you.

Much love

LGJ

MrsFROSTgetful Sun 27-Mar-05 18:01:19

that is so lovely...thanks.

i am just feeling low myself andfeel at the moment that they lose out because of me...i am not after the symapathy vote here.....but what you said made me feel better!!

LGJ Sun 27-Mar-05 18:09:26

It sounds as though, you are possibly run down, have you tried the Holland and Barret one a day Multi Vitamins, they are fab.

I have a heart condition and sometimes my energy levels are not what they could be, these really help, beware though, you will be peeing sherbet lemon coloured wee

coppertop Sun 27-Mar-05 18:23:11

PMSL (appropriately enough!) at "sherbet lemon coloured wee"!!!

redsky Sun 27-Mar-05 18:31:04

Mrs F - you are just the kind of mum I can relate to! I am hopelessly disorganised and dh seems to live on another planet. DD(12) bought eggs for the rest of us a week ago but could I organise myself to get her's??? Luckily I managed to get her a decent one yesterday. Today she has opted to go to a friend's house (HER mum has organised a big easter egg hunt in their (extensive) garden!!

Jaysmum Sun 27-Mar-05 19:18:47

My guys are dairy free......easy WE DONT DO EASTER EGGS....instead we had EASTER breakfast....soya chocolate smoothered pancakes and hot cross buns......on a hangover they made me feel 10 x worse!!!!!!!!

MrsFROSTgetful Mon 28-Mar-05 18:55:17

oops! Tom may have given them Rolos at butlins!

Jaysmum Mon 28-Mar-05 20:19:49

ummmmm I know!!!!!! Just the one passed his lips.....then he knew I shouldnt have anymore....J loves chocolate.....good job I can get away with the soya to replace his choccie habit.

Eulalia Mon 28-Mar-05 20:34:03

Yes know how you feel. We are just entering the stage of fighting. ds is constantly hitting dd and with advice from the Earlybird team I am trying to do time-outs but I don't think it is working.

And yes totally knocked out with the clocks - ds didn't go to bed till 11pm last night, then fell asleep in the car today so heaven knows when he'll go to bed tonight.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: