Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Can anyone recommend any nice sn friendly places we can eat when we go to Bibic???

(12 Posts)
Blossomhill Sun 27-Mar-05 10:59:19

Bibic is in Somerset, Bridgwater (miles away from me anyway)
I know they provide breakfast and dinner but they only have a microwave so we will need to go out to eat. Any good recommendatiosn please
Last post about Bibic I promise !!!!!!!

Merlot Sun 27-Mar-05 12:27:05

Will be interested in this too BH

Is there a long waiting list between telephone interview and actual attendance at BIBIC?

Blossomhill Sun 27-Mar-05 12:29:23

Hi Merlot

No, not really. About 3 months in all!

Roll on Tuesday.......

maddiemo Sun 27-Mar-05 13:04:53

Bh I will ask dh when he wakes up. He is poorly today. We went to a few pubs that were quite good, I can't remember where they were hence the need to ask dh. We also ate fish & chips on the beach but expect it may be a bit chilly at this time of year.

Take snacky things with you as food is good but basic.

I know you are nervous try not to worry and juct go with the flow

Jaysmum Sun 27-Mar-05 16:40:34

Theres an excellent Brewsters close by...they have a good menu to choose from and a fantastic supervised childrens play area....its the largest we have ever seen. If you ask Glynis on reception she will give you the directions....and she may have some freebie vouchers that I gave her which will get your kiddies into the play area for free!!!!!
There is a pub about a mile away from BIBIC....on the same road...you'll pass it when you get off the M5....but the food was very expensive and it was not really a child friendly environment.

Will try to get up there to see you.....all depends on R's elbow!!!!

Jaysmum Sun 27-Mar-05 16:45:32

Meant to add aswell....take your own tea/coffe/sugar etc....they provide you with healthy alternatives which you may not like...I do so I was OK...but hubby hates red bush tea and was almost puking when I made him a cup!!!!!

Be a good idea to take some of the kids fav cereal too.....they provide organic corn flakes or porridge for brekky.

The lunch time menu is OK....jkt spuds with salad, veggie stew, sandwiches, beans on toast....hubby was having major withdrawal from choccie!!!! I caught him sneaking out to the local gagrage just to stock up on his beloved mars bars....he felt so guilty munching away especially when he learnt how bad they are!!!!!

Davros Sun 27-Mar-05 16:59:45

Better not be the last post about BIBIC!! I am agog to hear how it all goes and am SURE it will be great. Hope you find some good places to eat.

MrsFROSTgetful Sun 27-Mar-05 17:45:07

My Home!!!!

Well....not really nrear BIBIC....but wish you were here!!!

Seriously........ J'sM and I worked out that where she lives and where we live are both on the A361 (i think!!!)....so if you are passing along that road at all on your way to BIBIC...then you may be close to me to at least say a quick Hello!!!!(as apparently this A361 is a long road!!!)

Beetroot Sun 27-Mar-05 18:26:31

Message withdrawn

Beetroot Sun 27-Mar-05 18:27:37

Message withdrawn

Punnet Fri 01-Apr-05 22:00:49

Hi

Live in Bridgwater so know this one!

Brewsters is just down from BIBIC on the Bristol road, WETHERSPOONS in the town centre serves kids until 5.30, and thre is the Quantock Gateway in Wembdon (go into Bridgwater, follow signs to Minehead and just before you leave Bridgwater it is the nice pub on the right).

There is also a family friendly Indian and Chinese in the town centre which I sometimes use.

Hope this helps.

X

Blossomhill Fri 01-Apr-05 22:45:06

Oh Beetroot, only just saw this
Had problems with logging on to internet before we left. That was so, so kind of you to offer for us to come and see you, thanks so much.
We are down again 31st October for 2 days so maybe we could meet then???? Blossomxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now