Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DD's 2nd SALT appt results are in and ...

(11 Posts)
piffle Thu 24-Mar-05 22:04:26

I do not know if anyone recalls my bein a bit clueless and cross at dd's first SALT appt, she was suffering from a gastric flu lingering on but as we had waited 8 mths for appt, we did it anyway
DD was tested on Derbyshire Rapid Screening and came up with a fairly decent delay.
We asked for 6 mth checkup and dd had it last week
REsults today are
**** shows age appropriate language skills!!!
Anyone who has had a run of totally negative letters from Health Professionals, pls tell me it is normal to feel abnormally thrilled and fulfilled to be told your child is average at something for once!!!!
Yippppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

coppertop Thu 24-Mar-05 22:06:16

Hurray for the mini-Piffle!

piffle Thu 24-Mar-05 22:13:08

I knew that being able to say bra, bugger, ladybird and beer
were in fact a sign of brilliance even if she won't say bib...
LOL

coppertop Thu 24-Mar-05 22:15:55

LOL! I've heard ds2 say "gugger!" a couple of times. Can't think where he might have heard it....

Twiglett Thu 24-Mar-05 22:17:17

YAY for the pifflette

DS's imaginary friend is called 'buddah'

comes from me calling my mother a 'bugger'

quick thinking on our part I thought

nutcracker Thu 24-Mar-05 22:18:32

Ahh wel done to you d Piffle. My Ds had a salt asessment today too and he also passed, they were most impressed with him being able to say vacuum cleaner

nutcracker Thu 24-Mar-05 22:18:43

dd even

beccaboo Sun 27-Mar-05 21:24:54

Hurrah for little piffle! Totally normal to feel completely and utterly chuffed!!

My ds got a question wrong on a test the other day because they showed him a picture of a burger and he didn't know it was something you ate. What?? Tell that to Jamie Oliver. He's 3 ffs! He's never had a burger. He's never seen us eating a burger. Ggggrrrrr......

beccaboo Sun 27-Mar-05 21:27:04

Before you think I'm a sanctimonious food zealot, I love burgers - I just don't eat them in front of ds because he's not allowed them

KarenThirl Mon 28-Mar-05 07:20:38

Just seen this. Well done, you must be very relieved.

Pages Mon 28-Mar-05 10:44:26

Congratulations Piffle! Do you mind me asking how old she is? And when was the first SALT appt and how big was the delay then?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now