Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

just been turned down for DLA .now what?

(9 Posts)
bambi06 Thu 24-Mar-05 21:12:09

its taken them since oct to decide and they`ve just come back and daid theyre not giving us it..i`m so demoralised as they lost my last one and then i got a letter saying they were looking into this one and were seeing whether they could backdate claim and now say we cant have it!!! aaarrggg!! what the hell do i do now..???

Blossomhill Thu 24-Mar-05 21:13:02

Did they say why they wouldn't?

essbee Thu 24-Mar-05 21:13:15

Message withdrawn

Katya Thu 24-Mar-05 21:20:39

Hi Bambi

appeal !
see BHAS guide to appeals

There's an example what to put in your letter requesting an appeal. Or you can download the form, don't have a link, but the name of the form is in the refusal letter, and google for it, saves looking for it at the PO.

can you get to a CAB or other advise centre for support with the DLA claim?

MY OS has just been turned down for DLA too. he was previously on high mob, middle care and now he's got nothing - what's the sense in that.

It's a crazy system, don't be disheartened, there's a fairly high success rate for Appeals.

Socci Thu 24-Mar-05 21:41:46

Message withdrawn

Socci Thu 24-Mar-05 22:00:39

Message withdrawn

Potty1 Thu 24-Mar-05 22:06:22

bambi06 - we were successful on appeal too! It was a long process, taking 9 months from the date of application to the date of appeal but you must go for it, you've nothing to lose. The site Katya recommended is really good.

ThomCat Fri 25-Mar-05 00:53:17

Fight girl, fight. You believe your need it, you get it. Start again, don't be demoralised, feel angry, feel strong, feel determined. Doesn't matter how long it takes just matters that oyu get there in the end, okay. That's fighting talk Get help filling the forms in and go get him, and then come back and tell us when you have succeded, xx

macwoozy Fri 25-Mar-05 10:31:58

Couldn't agree more with all these comments. Go for it again.

I only got awarded DLA after I appealed. I felt demoralised too when I first got that letter turning me down. But I wasn't just going to forget it, I knew I had every right to it. I know it's hard work having to go through it all again, but it is worth it in the long run. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now