Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

How do you stop REALLY antisocial behaviour

(12 Posts)
Jimjams Wed 23-Mar-05 09:14:27

Before it starts.

I've been mentally preparing myself for the masturbation thing for a few years. ("in your room" shove, PECS out social stories etc) but think we're safe for a few more years with that one.
But anyway ds1 has a revolting thing he's just started doing (fingers down back of pants then sniff- sorry find it revolting even typing it). Yeeeuuucchh.

Can't do "in your rooom" then shove as acually its pretty dirty and I don't want him doing it at all. Can't jump up and down and scream as he'll do it all the time then. I think PECSing oout a sociall story will just go over his head atm. At the moment I say "hands out pants" but that hasn't stopped him doing it iyswim, and I then wash his hands (which he hates). Anything I'm missing?

Trouble is he's not doing it just to annoy me so I'll miss incidences.

coppertop Wed 23-Mar-05 09:30:17

Any way of tightening his trousers a bit so that he can't reach down there? A belt or something a bit safer? Or will this interfere with him being able to use the toilet?

mummytosteven Wed 23-Mar-05 09:31:09

Would dungarees help stop him doing it? If he couldn't do it for a few weeks would he forget and move onto something else?

Jimjams Wed 23-Mar-05 09:45:04

Don't think they do dungarees for 6 year olds! (also I have a thing that he has enough problems without me making him look odd). I don't think a belt would stop him- and school like easy on/easy off trousers for obvious reasons. The toilet thing won't matter as we're going to bolt the toilet door anyway (keeps flushing things down there) so he'll need to use PECS to ask to go anyway.

coppertop Wed 23-Mar-05 09:55:19

I've just realised that I've obviously been on the SN board for far too long. My brain was working along the lines of "If it's the smell that he likes (yuk!) then perhaps you could change the smell....." WTF am I thinking??????!!

Jimjams Wed 23-Mar-05 09:58:19

ROFL coppertop!!! The belt may be an idea- although he's not been good with belts in the past and he's so skinny now may just slip past it anyway.

gloves???

Jimjams Wed 23-Mar-05 09:58:35

handcuffs!

coppertop Wed 23-Mar-05 10:00:51

ROFL!

Velcro his hands to the legs of his trousers?

Jimjams Wed 23-Mar-05 10:02:04

Now that would be easy as there's enough velcro in this house.

Perhaps I coould laminate something????

fastasleep Wed 23-Mar-05 10:04:11

You could laminate his bottom and hope that he always told you when he needed to poo so you could remove it? That must drive you mad, I don't think I could spend all day going 'hands out pants' without screaming!

coppertop Wed 23-Mar-05 10:04:58

It would certainly make it easier to wipe clean.

Davros Wed 23-Mar-05 21:23:28

In theory
- tell him what to DO, not what NOT to do
- Give him something else to do with his hands such as twirling somtehing or some receptive commands, touch nose, clap hands
- Reinforce for NOT doing it
- Token system for nice hands or something
- Use an aversive like the hand washing or baby wipes
I know a child who is 9 who wears boiler suits for similar reasons, he looks cute.
In reality, hope he moves on! We had wan... I mean masturbation quite young and DS used to lie on the floor and wriggle, luckily it wasn't a full on hands down trousers round his young man! Just used to yank him up on his feet every time. he always used to do it when we were leaving somewhere too, a form of control as well as enjoyment!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now