Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

A DS-proof book!

(6 Posts)
SleepyJess Mon 21-Mar-05 23:23:28

This has probably been done.. but I am rather impressed with my efforts at producing a DS-proof book! (DS adores books... but they just disintegrate in his hands, just like most things!)..and I have long been a fan of laminators for covering favourite pictures of his. But for the first time it occured to me to laminate an entire Noddy magazine! It is a tad expensive re laminate sleeves.. but hopefully worth it.. because he loves Noddy and no book lasts longer than a few days. I am going to buy more mags with his fave characters in.. pull it appart, laminate the pages, hole punch them and then fix them together with treasurer tags.

Just thought I'd post in case it helps the parents of other accidental book-destoyers!

SJ x

SoupDragon Tue 22-Mar-05 08:29:44

Meadowsidebooks claim to make childproof books. The website doesn't actually say this but I had a copy to review for the NCT and it's selling point was that it was "childproof". The reviewer didn't manage to destroy it despite trying!

SleepyJess Tue 22-Mar-05 08:42:18

Ah but was the 'reviewer' an SN child one wonders! I often think my DS ought to 'road test' these supposed 'toddler'proof' books you can get now.. because if he couldn't destroy it, no child could I doubt! I will look though.. thanks Soupy.. (ooh that was a little familar wasn't it, lol.. seeing as we have never actually 'spoken' I don't think.. sorry Soupdragon .. you end up feeling like you know people on here when you read the names a lot!)

SJ x

SleepyJess Tue 22-Mar-05 08:43:13

Ooops oh YOU were the reviewer? Or your child was? Sorry.. read that too fast..

SoupDragon Tue 22-Mar-05 09:13:03

I think the child's mother tried to destroy it! She didn't like the story but "The bad news is Grandpa Hunktrumpet is completely indestructible! It came away completely unscathed from an adult deliberately trying to rip the pages and then holding it under the tap."

SoupDragon Tue 22-Mar-05 09:15:22

(and you can call me Soupy, everyone else does )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now