Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

For your dining pleasure.....

(6 Posts)
eidsvold Mon 21-Mar-05 09:41:45

Can't remember last time I had a round of applause for cooking dinner. I was making some macaroni cheese for dd1 and she came into the kitchen to see where I was and what I was up to so I told her I was making some of mummy's yummy home made macaroni cheese... she promptly burst into cheers and applause and then went back into the lounge room..

what a crack up

MandM Mon 21-Mar-05 10:15:44

Oh Eidsvold your dd is so cute. It always makes me smile when I read your little stories about her and she reminds me so much of my dd. Especially the waving out of the window at people - that really had me laughing because we have that all the time - you want to see the state of my windows!!!!

eidsvold Mon 21-Mar-05 10:18:29

lucky for me - she can't quite reach the windows - YET although the tv is smeared from grubby hands which winds dh up - hey no problem - he then gets cleaning !

MandM Mon 21-Mar-05 10:31:04

Oh your house REALLY is just like mine - we were watching football yesterday and dh was trying to point a man in the crowd out to me, when I asked where he was looking he said "Just above the index finger of the third handprint from the left!!!"
I've had this poem from dd for Mother's Day for the last three years with a set of her handprints in different coloured paints and I've got them all framed on the kitchen wall. Think there could definitely be a place for it in your house too by the sound of it ....

There used to be so many
Of my fingerprints to see
On furniture and walls and things
From sticky, grubby me.

But if you stop and think a while
You'll see I'm growing fast
Those little handprints disappear
You can't bring back what's past.

So here's a small reminder
To keep, not wipe away
Of tiny hands and how they looked
To make you smile some day!

Dingle Mon 21-Mar-05 16:38:36

Aaah bless her!

The little story that made me really -I think it was you eidsvold!...was the one about people not having the chance to pass you by, having no other option to stop and say hello....because dd hangs onto their coat,(or sleeve,hand,leg...I'm sure!)

The amount of times I apologise for my dd is unbelievable as she "attacks" a complete stranger with her love! It just really struck home IYSWIM!

eidsvold Mon 21-Mar-05 21:50:50

yes that would be dd1 - everyone should stop and say hello and if they don't she'll just help them stop!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now