Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Anyone help with "dx"?

(3 Posts)
jollymum Thu 17-Mar-05 18:12:18

Posting for a friend, if you're reading this.......I know you're so busy you haven't got time to post, so I thought I would Hope it's OK!
Right, nearly ten year old, finally had assessment after years of frustrated mum telling the world he's not naughty, he's different. Has amazing IQ, dispraxia, and assessors are stumped. He's not typical Aspergers, or anything else but a mixture. Is affectionate, has no awareness/care of danger and says what he thinks. Is well liked and hates shouting. Is wonderful at ballet, could be in the Royal but backstage behaviour lets him down. Any ideas?

coppertop Thu 17-Mar-05 19:00:03

Did they say why they had discounted Aspergers? Tbh I don't think there is such a thing as typical AS as it seems to vary so much from one person to another.

I'm not suggesting that he actually has AS but I'm just curious.

Saker Thu 17-Mar-05 20:25:04

I'm not being funny but is it possible to have dyspraxia and be wonderful at ballet? I would have thought the problems with balance, motor skills, co-ordination etc would make ballet very difficult. Otherwise I understand that dyspraxics can have problems with social skills, danger awareness etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now