Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Shattered!!! DD won't sleep

(4 Posts)
JakB Thu 17-Mar-05 07:33:15

Not been on here due to lack of sleep (normally nothing keeps me off). Absolutely deliriously tired. DD is not sleeping- maybe 4 hours a night, if you're lucky (after effects of the general anaesthetic?). She's manic and upset at the same time. Melatonin not making any difference. Helppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I actually feel really depressed today and I'm sure it's mainly lack of sleep

pixel Thu 17-Mar-05 08:32:20

Hi Jak, I was wondering how you were. I was a bit worried in case dd was back in hospital. Sounds as though you should get yourself admitted instead! (a few nights sleep in a nice private room with meals laid on I mean, not that you have gone mad or anything, although I wouldn't blame you).

Sorry I haven't any useful suggestions as ds's hyper moments don't last that long so we just put up with them. The only time we tried following someone's advice and gave him some stuff called Phenergen, it made him 10 times worse so we have steered clear since. I hope you get some sleep soon. Must dash, got to take dd to school.

Jaysmum Thu 17-Mar-05 11:13:56

Oh JakB join the club.....I didnt see my bed AGAIN last night......we have had 4 weeks of pretty good sleep pattern.....4-5 hours at a time with no wake ups.....but the past week J is back to his 1-2 hours sleep and 3-4 awake!!!!! I am exhausted. I am teary eyed because I am so tired.....the only thing that keeps me sane at 3am is sitting catching up on MN posts whilst J is playing cars!!!!
I think his disturbed sleep pattern is goverened by the change of seasons....the lighter evenings and mornings are creeping in day by day and J's body clock is so out of synch.....he was up and dashig around at 6am screaming at me to stop the birds singing....I had only put him back to bed at 5am!!!!

Try and get some rest....does your dd have a nap time during the day?....if so make sure you do too....I know what you mean about melatonin....it just isnt working for J...Phenergan sends him hyper.....someone suggested Kalms to me the other day....tried them and he was wide awake most of the night....hubby thinks we should try something to keep him awake....it might have a reversed effect!!!!
Take care....

coppertop Thu 17-Mar-05 12:05:39

No advice but lots of sympathy.

Ds1 has improved a lot and wil now sleep from 9pm - 5.30am. Ds2 is going through a new phase of 1am - 7am. This means being up till 1am with ds2 and getting up at 5.30am with ds1. Arrgghh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now