Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

MESSAGE FOR MIZMIZ :)

(11 Posts)
Blossomhill Wed 16-Mar-05 17:46:27

hiya I hope you don't mind me picking your brains.
I just wondered if you knew what the Renfrew bus test is and what it is testing for as dd was tested a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to speak to the SALT but she is on a training course until Monday.
Thanks Blossomxxx

Dingle Wed 16-Mar-05 18:58:15

BH, I have seen these "packages" in a catalogue I have called Speechmark. They don't have much of a write up, but to my knowledge, its an assessment package to help breakdown areas of weakness....

have a look here

Dingle Wed 16-Mar-05 19:01:02

or here

Dingle Wed 16-Mar-05 19:02:33

Sorry I can't be of any more use, I am sure mizmiz will fill you in more fully.

Blossomhill Wed 16-Mar-05 19:09:05

Thanks Dingle you are a star xxxxx

Dingle Wed 16-Mar-05 19:10:29

no problem BH, dont feel very sparkly ATM.

Blossomhill Wed 16-Mar-05 19:26:11

Ah, why not Dingle ?

Dingle Wed 16-Mar-05 19:56:50

Oh nothing in particular BH, just feeling so drained all the time. Just getting over a bout of flu,even when my body switches off, my brain tries to stay active, IYKWIM.
It's just when you have so much on your mind you don't know what to deal with first, so you don't bother doing anything! Do you know what I mean, or am I alone in this?

Anyway, hopefully you will get some good feebback about dd's test. Monday must seem like a lifetime away!

Blossomhill Wed 16-Mar-05 20:11:15

<hugs> Dingle
Yes I know that feeling only too well unfortunately!!!!
Hope you feel better soon xxx

Blossomhill Thu 17-Mar-05 10:32:25

bump for Mizmiz

mizmiz Thu 31-Mar-05 21:27:26

Sorry bh! Only just seen this!
I'm sure your dd has had everything done now, but in case not, the renfrew Bus Test is very simple. A story about a runaway bus is told to the child (with supporting pictures) and they are asked/encouraged to relate it back. Tells us a lot about memory, sequencing,semantics, abilty to narrate and so on. There are a series of Renfrew tests-all fairly old but really simple and very telling for an s/lt.
How is your dd getting on?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now