Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Half Toilet Trained

(5 Posts)
cyberseraphim Mon 03-Nov-08 12:04:33

DS1 is completely toilet trained for wee but poo is still proving a problem. He is happy to sit on the toilet but just won't do anything until later. He is getting anxious and holding on for days at a time - despite eating loads of fruit and veg. No real answers I suppose just lots more perserverance but miracle answers appreciated. He can even tell me know that 'poo goes in the toilet' but it's just that he won't do it !

TotalChaos Mon 03-Nov-08 12:13:14

Took DS months to poo in the toilet reliably. But eventually he just decided he was happy doing it and it just clicked from there. Thank god for laminate flooring is all I can say. Always worth trying bribery if there's something DS1 absolutely loves. Other than that just try not to make an issue. Sometimes I've eard of people using the gradual approach - poo on nappy whilst sitting on toilet etc to work up to pooing on toilet.

BriocheDoree Mon 03-Nov-08 18:21:03

If anyone has any suggestions I'd LOVE to know them. DD trained since about 3 and a half. Was pooing on the toilet in a nappy, then got the idea that she wasn't supposed to use a nappy so started pooing in her pants instead. She's now four and a half. I dread the day she has an accident at school.
I think it's got something to do with being a very visual learner. I think that DD can't "see" what's going on so she can't work out how to do it! She'd actually like to do it properly, just can't figure it out...I keep telling myself that one day it will just "click" but it's a pain, to be honest!

cyberseraphim Mon 03-Nov-08 19:16:22

The only tip I can pass on that I got last week at the hospital is to let him keep clothes when sitting on the toilet as they said he might need the familiar feeling - so that's what we're doing.

coppertop Mon 03-Nov-08 21:55:18

I'm lurking on this thread too. Ds2 (5) point-blank refuses to poo anywhere other than in a nappy. I can't even get him to sit on the toilet. I tell him he can't use a nappy forever and that he'll have to use the toilet for it one day. He tells me "I will when I'm a grown-up." hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now