Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DLA RESULT

(4 Posts)
stewart2000 Mon 03-Nov-08 10:35:55

I GOT THE FORM ON THE 21ST JULY AND I SHOULD HAVE RETURNED IT BY END OF AUGUST WE WERE AWAY FOR A FEW DAYS SO THEY GOT IT FOR THE 5TH SEPT.

ANYWAY I GOT GREAT NEWS THAT DAUGHTER IS ENTITLED TO MIDDLE RATE PLUS LOWER MOBILITY IN DECEMBER WHEN SHE TURNS 5

I AM PEAVED OFF BECAUSE THEY SAID THEY WOULD BACK DATE IT UNTIL 21 JULY BUT NOW THEY R SAYING BECAUSE I WAS 5 DAYS LATE THEY WONT AND HAVE PAID ME FROM THE 5 SEPTEMBER.

I AM ANNOUED BECAUSE IT WASNT DONE OUT OF LAZYNESS OR ANYTHING IT WAS A GENUINE MISTAKE AND ITS THE EQUIVALENT OF 4 PRIVATE SPEECH THERAPY SESSIONS FOR MY CHILD.

SHOULD I APPEAL?

ANYONE ANY ADVICE?

THANKS

jenk1 Mon 03-Nov-08 10:51:57

im not sure if you can appeal.this happened to my friend and she was told the same,someone will be along no doubt who knows more soon, good news about the award tho!!

stewart2000 Mon 03-Nov-08 12:35:21

ok thanks i think i will write them a letter anyway see what happens

yeh it is great news about the awarde its a geag it takes them 9-10 weeks to get back to me but if i am 5 days later the child is crucified

magso Mon 03-Nov-08 13:59:52

No harm in trying! The form does say you must get your form back by that date or you MAY loose payments. The lady I spoke to when asking for the forms told me several times how important it was to get it in the post by that date.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: