Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

how do you get thru a day filled with high pitched squeaks without getting a headache?!

(6 Posts)
MerlinsBeard Fri 31-Oct-08 21:20:17

ds2 has been so high pitched today that poor ds3 has cried in pain with his ears most of the day. i have possibly broken my foot and am KNACKERED so on a short fuse anyway but my head is throbbing! Had a troublesome day(but i know some people have it a lot lot worse) but the high pitchedness just got to me today.

There must be something i can do to either stop him or distract him or lessen the repetition..??!!

feelingbitbetter Fri 31-Oct-08 21:32:00

I wish I could help sad can only suggest a large glass of wine and get that foot looked at! <<<Hug>>> Hope things are better tomorrow.

MerlinsBeard Fri 31-Oct-08 21:47:07

going on the morning if its no better (and i couldn't cope at hosp with ds2 if i went today!) am on co codamol at mo - i can't get out for anything else as DP out and i can't have ibuprofen

i am not a drinker but i am sure i must have some wine around somewhere...???

feelingbitbetter Fri 31-Oct-08 22:04:28

Plenty of ice too - on the leg that is, not in the wine (DO NOT water down any alcohol you can find!) and elevate it as soon as you can. Even of its better, get some anti-inflammatories too.
Sending you some healing vibes overnight, and some please be a bit quieter/lower pitched vibes to DS2 too!

luckylady74 Fri 31-Oct-08 22:09:12

Really feel for you - my dd has covered her ears today several times. Ds1's new holiday noise is to shout 'bedding' very very loudly - funny from a distance and less antisocial than screaming!

I do sometimes challenge ds1's noises with limited success - a very direct 'stop that' followed by a distraction.
Hold on to the fact that it will lessen at a different less stressful time.

Christie Fri 31-Oct-08 23:01:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now