Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

A good day.......long, but good

(7 Posts)
feelingbitbetter Wed 29-Oct-08 18:12:31

Today DS had to endure his 8 hour fast, last feed 6am. They tried so hard to insert a canular (sp) here, there and everywhere, but failed miserably, so every blood test (1/2 hourly) had to be taken using a butterfly needle or heel prick and lots of squeezing! Finally at 2pm, we finished with a big, if slightly compromised set of bloods for testing (only 3 missing I think) and my big brave boy finally got to eat.
Most importantly, his blood sugar didn't drop below 4.5 all the way through gringringrin.
On all his previous 6 hr fasts I don't think it had ever been as high as 4.5 - so yay!
Poor boy is fast asleep now, completely worn out. He did so very well, he only really cried when they were fishing about in his veins (sad). I am so proud of him - especially when it took 5 of us to hold him down for the final lot of bloods shockblushgrin. Such a fighter.
Hopefully, at the follow up appointment next month, if all bloods OK now, DS may be able to demand feed AND be unmedicated. Fingers crossed!

luckylady74 Wed 29-Oct-08 18:17:56

Well done your ds and well done you. Fingers crossed for you.

Seuss Wed 29-Oct-08 19:37:30

Well done both of you and also crossing fingers.smile

Tclanger Wed 29-Oct-08 19:45:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Christie Wed 29-Oct-08 20:49:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

melmamof3 Wed 29-Oct-08 21:00:45

Well done to your DS for being so brave!

feelingbitbetter Wed 29-Oct-08 21:12:54

Yes he was very brave <proud mummy emoticon complete with witchy hat>>
It is nice to post something positive for a change (not that DS is anything other) instead of my constant whingeing grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: