Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Who invented half term holidays??

(6 Posts)
lainey1802 Mon 27-Oct-08 14:42:36

My DS is 15 and my middle child 11 and youngest 2 1/2yrs, and I hate the holidays - its official!!!!
I find I am housebound apart from when I can get SS to cough up a bit of extra help for agency help.
With a wheelchair and a pushchair and an 11 year old (Kevin!) it's not a pleasant time to go out for walks or even visit the supermarket - it's just stressful!
Who invented these holidays - that's what I want to know - they are not holidays for us - I am still doing nappies for my youngest and oldest and it's hard work - can I start a petition to cancel all holidays from now on???
angry

sarah573 Mon 27-Oct-08 14:48:34

A man - it must have been!

needmorecoffee Mon 27-Oct-08 14:51:35

heehee. I had to take 15 and 13 yo boys to the dentist. I was in my wheelchair and carer pushed dd (4) in her wheelchair.
Must say I did grump all the way there and did grump the dentists room wasn't big enough to fit us all in.
I don't mind the teens home but its tough with dd (she has CP) on the days when there is no agency carer.

ewwwmy2shoesarefullofblood Mon 27-Oct-08 15:18:26

sorry but I love half term, no 6 oclock wake up

filz Mon 27-Oct-08 15:19:38

apparently round here, they didnt used to close special schools at all. Long gone are those days

needmorecoffee Mon 27-Oct-08 15:20:41

someone needs to tell dd not to wake at crack of dawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now