Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

dd is gifted n talented. Braggy moment

(22 Posts)
needmorecoffee Sun 26-Oct-08 16:48:43

she's 4 and can count to 5. So ner Dr Doom with your vegetable prediction, ner to Mister neurologist who said infantile spasms would destroy her intelliegnce ner ner ner

BriocheDoree Sun 26-Oct-08 17:04:39

She's obviously a genius! smile

iwearflairs Sun 26-Oct-08 17:17:20

good for her!

ewwwmy2shoesarefullofblood Sun 26-Oct-08 17:56:57

well done to your dd
mine is g&T she didn't wake up early today

needmorecoffee Sun 26-Oct-08 18:18:48

dd woke at 6 and has spent the day oozing slugs of snot out of her nose.
I reckon I should sign her up to Cambridge right now.
Actually, maybe I should. If a blind quadrplegic can count to 5 despite having chunks of brain missing she must be a bloody genius. Those kids on the G&T register at school need whole brains wink
pah.

Tclanger Sun 26-Oct-08 19:11:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

madmouse Sun 26-Oct-08 19:35:01

oh yes grin

made my day that grin

callmeovercautious Sun 26-Oct-08 19:40:14

Well done needmorecoffee jnr.

My DD seems to be on the same wavelength today - up at 6 (5 shock) and a horrible nose too sad

ewwwmy2shoesarefullofblood Sun 26-Oct-08 19:57:34

whre does all the snot come from? dd seems to have the whole worlds up her nose today. oh the joys of picking a 13 year olds nose

callmeovercautious Sun 26-Oct-08 20:19:37

You have a point 2shoes. I am glad to say DD is 2 so picking hers is very slightly better smile But give me nappies or dirty sheets anyday - there is just something about a dirty nose that makes me feel yuck.

madmouse Sun 26-Oct-08 20:35:25

my ds has just learned to erm clear his nasal passages without hands. Noisy but effective grin

bullet123 Sun 26-Oct-08 22:10:05

Yay for your dd's counting .

wrinklytum Sun 26-Oct-08 23:41:26

Well done to your dd.

mY DD is also snot laden,great trails of it oozing all day....Eeek!

mabanana Sun 26-Oct-08 23:41:31

Wow! HOw is she demonstrating her counting needmorecoffee? It's a big thing to communicate.

needmorecoffee Mon 27-Oct-08 08:40:29

well, she can't speak so first I counted to 5 for her and she indicated yes. Then I counted 1, 2, 4, 5 and she made a 'no' sound. So I asked her if I missed a number out. She indicated 'yes' so I said 1, 2, 4, 5, 3 and she still indicated 'no' and started giggling at how thick I was so I asked her to tell me if I was right and counted 1 - 5 normally and she practically fell out of her chair with excitement.
I reckon that shows she can count to 5.
Whether she grasps that number sounds represent physical amounts is anyones guess but who cares!
Dunno if she will ever read though cos her eyesight is so poor and her visual processing is pretty bad.

ewwwmy2shoesarefullofblood Mon 27-Oct-08 11:01:21

oh how good

Romy7 Mon 27-Oct-08 13:23:38

i wish we just had snot.
we've got

chicken pox.

everywhere. (and i mean everywhere)

anyone know what to do with a 5yo with athetoid cp and chicken pox, short of tying her down so she can't writhe herself into a scab ridden blob by hallowe'en? sad

yay at the counting though! i love it when dr doom gets it wrong grin

now you've got to find 5 things she likes and 'do' counting with objects (either sight or touch). your life will never end grin. dd2 thought it was hilarious for me to do is this a 'triangle'? and hold up a circle... she then learnt to joke herself and when the physio held up a triangle and asked her if it was a circle, she indicated no, so she held up a square and asked if it was a triangle, she indicated yes, and then went off into hysterics for about an hour at her own little joke. even the physio thought it was funny. we didn't play shapes after that as no-one had a clue how to tell if she was having a laugh or not grin

much easier now. we have speech. we also currently having wailing and complaining about the 'poxies'. is it gin o clock yet?

feelingbitbetter Mon 27-Oct-08 18:01:53

Just seen this, big well done to DD. She is a star, isn't she? I bet you were just as excited, eh NMC?

Romy my sympathies, DS has manflu now with snot, sick and runs sad, would gladly choose it over chicken pox tho!

ewwwmy2shoesarefullofblood Mon 27-Oct-08 18:06:08

symapthy romy. i was lucky dd only got chicken pox mildly, can't think how you would stop them scratching

needmorecoffee Mon 27-Oct-08 18:11:03

we've done chickenpox - dd had it at 12 months, older 3 had it years ago.
Will try the shapes thing.
I don't think dd will ever speak sad, first they said she had spastic quad, then dystonic quad and now its dystonic quadraplegic with spascticity and athetosis.
Means bugger all, she can't move anything cept her head but is alterantley floppy and stiff.
Its the epielpsy that worries me more. She started to develop lennox-gastaut syndorme last year and 80% of kids (even ones with no previous condition) are left severely learning disabled and it is the hardest epilepsy to gain control with.

mabanana Mon 27-Oct-08 21:21:15

That is amazing. I can really 'see' your interaction from your description.

VeniVidiVickiQV Mon 27-Oct-08 21:40:33

Aww fabulous grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now