Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Does anyone know of someone who makes bibs?

(10 Posts)
slackrunner Thu 23-Oct-08 18:01:46

DD, 4, tends to make a bit of a mess at mealtimes . I really need to get her some bigger bibs, however all of the ones I've found to date are hideous! Does anyone know of where I can find some attractively designed bibs (obviously, parents of children with SN are supposed to have no taste at all hmm)?

I tried Fledglings, but nothing there that I like <fussy emoticon>.

feelingbitbetter Thu 23-Oct-08 18:26:34

Don't know if this is any help, but I've never bothered with bibs (DS only 5 months tho, so when there's real food involved I will almost certainly change tack!)
I always tie a muslin round his neck, in the manner of hell's angel bikey types or a bulldog!
Can you get some nice material and hem the edges with that iron on stuff?
Don't know your circumstances so I may be talking rot.

2shoesdrippingwithblood Thu 23-Oct-08 18:40:38

A lot of the people I know, use bandana type ones.
I use a tea towell fastened with a nappy pin.
I hate seing bibs left on older dc's.

r3dh3d Thu 23-Oct-08 18:51:45

We go with muslins here as well. Bought a load of them (50 or something) and some Dylon dye and they are now various fetching shades of pink and purple - done in the washing machine.

needmorecoffee Thu 23-Oct-08 19:05:17

able2wear havea bib/neckkercheif section

Woooozle100 Fri 24-Oct-08 09:37:20

www.seenin.com/
I also like the bipi stuff bibs - but these are smaller fleecey neckercheif things - more suitable for dribble than feeding. You can get them quite cheaply on ebay though (about £3.50 a bib)

slackrunner Fri 24-Oct-08 19:08:12

Mmm, I hadn't thought about muslins - that probably would be the cheapest most effective option. We currently use tea towels at the moment too!

Totally agree 2shoes r.e. seeing bibs left on.

Thanks everyone

AlisonSinclair Mon 04-Jul-11 04:35:10

I may be able to help you. I am a mother to a multiply, severely disabled little girl. She is 5 and is at that inbetween stage of not fitting into baby bibs and too small for so called "adult" bibs. I do own a business dedicated to her making accessories for mom's and babies. I have been researching on line for almost 2 hrs. now for bibs out there that are trendy and stylish but there is literally NOTHING! Are us moms supposed to give up on style just because our little ones have oral motor issues? My daughter has a seizure disorder and very low tone, so her head lags to one side and she drools quite a bit. Bandana style bibs are not good for her because she chafes under her neck. I have been wanting to make her new "big girl" bibs for a while now. Obviously, there is a need for it. If you would be interested in chatting about this please let me know, or if there is anyone else out there in a similar situation I would love to hear your comments.
The link for my shop is www.missemmascloset.etsy.com.
I am not writing this to promo my shop, I would like feedback about this and other issues you come across as well. My daughter eats with a G-tube. I would love to put her in a dress, but then I have to expose her while we are out. A dress with a button hole in the body of it would be great while out. Even when she is in the hospital, those gowns are horrible, never properly covered with the opening in the front so the leads can be accessed, so why not jammies with little openings in them so the leads can slip through them. I'm sure there are lots of ideas that you all have.

signandsmile Mon 04-Jul-11 07:24:11

could also pm purplepidgin, who also has a business making custom tailored items.

purplepidjin Mon 04-Jul-11 07:26:57

Thanks, sign, just spotted this!!

www.facebook.com/mimapants

I've made for a few mums on here, so I've listened to what they need and adapted accordingly smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now