Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Have made a hard decision

(3 Posts)
Kazann Wed 22-Oct-08 21:57:02

Well after only 7 weeks back in mainstream have made the very hard decision of looking for another school for DD it just isnt working at all at new school things are getting worse and worse, the school won't bend in any way, shape or form. Have had numerous meetings with numerous people and the head seems to take nothing on board at all.
Such a shame DD loves going there is completely unaware of most of her problems has even made a handful of nice friends.
We are still waiting to see if her statement has gone up in hours it did go from 10 to 20 hours but school were pushing for a full time one when i asked if anything would change if DD got the hours head said to be honest not alot, so has changed her tune as at one point she was going to advertise for an experienced one to one for DD.
I do feel in a way the head is pushing DD out because that is the easy option for her if we leave it will look better on her records than if she excludes DD.
So here we go again with the school thing will be 4th school and she is only 7 have to thimk of what is best for DD at the end of the day though i feel completely and utterly cheesed of with it all.

madmouse Wed 22-Oct-08 22:09:55

sorry to hear al this Kazann sad

Should not be like this sad

tellyaddict Wed 22-Oct-08 22:27:23

How awful Kazann.

If it's any consolation at all, my son was pushed out of his mainstream. We were VERY upset and angry, but it forced the LEA to offer a place in a special school which has completely transformed his (and our) life. It was a complete godsend but it didn't feel like it at the time.

If this is your dd's 4th school (how on earth is she coping??) then it's blatant she needs a special school setting. I can't recommend them enough, with hindsight it was cruel sending my son to mainstream where he was the odd one out, and misunderstood. His new school has specially trained teacher (it's not autism specific either), small class sizes and focuses not only on academic work but social skills, manners etc.

It will work out for the best, it may take some time, but it will work out.

Thinking of you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now