Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Feel so guilty I could cry

(15 Posts)
Tclanger Wed 22-Oct-08 21:53:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

madmouse Wed 22-Oct-08 22:12:53

Tc you are not a bad mummy!

My ds has mild problems at the moment and even I can get so occupied with one thing that I forget six others. It comes with the territory.

Kids have coughs and colds all the time! And astma is not that easy to diagnose.

Glad he now has the inhaler he needs but please please do not beat yourself up about it.

madmouse Wed 22-Oct-08 22:14:35

and your ds is a real cutie!!!smile

tellyaddict Wed 22-Oct-08 22:29:47

It soooo goes with the SN territory if you ask me!!!

There are soo many other things to deal with that you don't have with NT kids that you easily get bombarded and overlook physical probs.

I'd say BEST Mummy of the Week goes to you - you spotted the problem in the photo after all smile DESPITE everything else you have to deal with.

Kazann Wed 22-Oct-08 22:35:31

What a gorgeous DS, you had other things on your mind we do take far to many things on board at once us mums don't you worry its all sorted now.

sarah573 Wed 22-Oct-08 22:45:36

You are not a bad mummy!!

The first we knew of DS2 having asthma was when he was rushed to hospital when he was 2! I though he just had a cold. So I'm the bad mummy [pokes out tounge]!!!

Im glad his inhaler has helped (they are amazing) and hope you all have a good nights sleep.

magso Wed 22-Oct-08 22:54:53

Don't beat yourself up! All the kids seem to have coughs and colds at present - its that time of year! Ds paed thought he had asthma when he had a persistant night cough (which was a shock to me even though I am asthmatic myself!)- fortunatly paed decided he didn't at the next visit - and thats a paed uncertain.
Hope ds -and you sleep well.

cory Wed 22-Oct-08 23:30:13

I did the same; ds had had his cough since May; when we were on holiday in August he went to a local football club and another parent came up to my SIL and told her that this child's got asthma. Poor ds had to wait another month before he got his inhaler.

Tclanger Thu 23-Oct-08 07:50:33

BriocheDoree Thu 23-Oct-08 08:06:20

Poor M. Glad you found the problem and no doubt he'll be feeling better now he's got his inhaler. Don't beat yourself up about it - we all do it!

lingle Thu 23-Oct-08 12:08:47

I refuse to hand over my "bad mummy of the week" award to you TClanger. It's mine till Friday so you have to do something bad after that grin

feelingbitbetter Thu 23-Oct-08 12:10:33

Aw, bless him. And YOU <<good Mum emoticon>>
DS has had a really annoying tickly cough all week and I am NOT taking him to the doctor. We spend our entire bloody life with doctors and I am damned if I'm spending any more unscheduled time with them! Though we are going back in to hospital next week so I am being a bit blase.
I think we have so many other BIG things to deal with (tho I have it easier than most) that the littler things don't have the same level of concern for us. Well, me anyway. I'm sure if I didn't have all the worries I have for DS I'd have come over all PFBish and demanded to see at doctor right away at the first, and every instance of a snivvle!
Glad DS is feeling better now xx

Tclanger Thu 23-Oct-08 12:25:47

BriocheDoree Thu 23-Oct-08 12:38:56

If it's any consolation, the bad mother of the week award ought to go to me for allowing DD to find and consume half of DS's cough medecine last night! Fortunately he's only a baby so he had the not very medicated version, and fortunately DH was on his way home at the time so able to go into the pharmacy and confirm that this was not serious. They thought it might upset her stomach, so I was told to feed her lots, so at 9p.m at night I was stuffing her full of biscuits and pasta. In the end, all it did was clear her constipation!!! smile

Tclanger Thu 23-Oct-08 12:44:01

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now