Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Who is this little girl????????????

(9 Posts)
jenk1 Wed 22-Oct-08 19:32:17

Sorry its long!!!

DD,s parents evening tonight was really

positive grin

but i think they were talking about the wrong child!

she takes turns,shows empathy,helps other children etc etc etc.

now all that is lovely to hear but the little girl who comes home with us is aggresive,has attention difficulties (as identified by CAMHS,but school "dont see it"),is sometimes in tears over someone who looked at her the wrong way etc etc.

she is extremely controlling and manipulative,the teacher did say that she goes around the class asking the teacher and LSA,s who has her book and when she finds it puts it at the top of the pile-oh but thats not manipulation????????

they want her toilet trained asap and think theyve found the perfect answer,-Dora Stickers,
Go ahead we said (of course we,ve tried that and shes got wise to it).

they showed us a letter from CAMHS which states specifically NOT to toilet train her at the moment as it would be counterproductive and risks ruining dd,s relationship with staff,but they want a meeting about it which isnt a problem.

i just wish i had the wherewithall to make that little girl come home with us!!!!!

exactly the same situation we had with DS all those years ago,so we just smiled and said how lovely to hear.

TopBitch Wed 22-Oct-08 19:52:59

Be proud!

That's a lovely report.

Well done to your dd.

jenk1 Wed 22-Oct-08 19:54:55

I am extremely proud,i just want her to come home with me!!!!!! and not to have to deal with the tantrums and meltdowns and continual need for rigidity etc etc etc

ScummyMummy Wed 22-Oct-08 19:56:59

She sounds like she's doing great at school. Wonderful news.

Kazann Wed 22-Oct-08 21:39:19

That's great news really positive, isnt it funny though my DD is the other way round at the moment awful at school and reasonably good at home and i would rather her be good at school and play up at home, but then im saying that and last year when she was really settled at a nurture unit she was good at school and played up at home so you can't win really suppose they have to let of steam somewhere LOL.

Marne Thu 23-Oct-08 14:22:18

Thats great Jenk1, the teacher told me 'children are the opposite of what they are at home', dd is a nightmare at home but an angel at school.

Our only problem with dd at school is getting her to use the toilet, the school are using stickers with her but she's still not going.

jenk1 Fri 24-Oct-08 09:14:28

our dds sound alike dont they marne,thats the only difficulty school are having with dd,she refuses to use the toilet,mind you she refuses to use it at home too.

im so pleased you got a good report from your school,its lovely to hear smile

Tclanger Fri 24-Oct-08 09:38:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

flyingmum Fri 24-Oct-08 17:13:47

I think when they are little they only have so much capacity for 'goodness' and once that is used up then its head twirling all round! It will get better and she will suddenly one day be perfect at home and you will get that phone call from school . . . .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now