Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DD ill again--it's not fair

(6 Posts)
Arabica Tue 21-Oct-08 16:18:45

DD has just got over a horrible stomach bug which turned into a temporary lactose intolerance. I stopped all dairy products, she was fine for a few days--and now has suspected UTI. sad
She has been ill all weekend with high fever, has stopped eating, is hardly samiling, has been doing a LOT of crying and just wants to cling like a sad little monkey baby. GP's given me antibiotics but I sort of want to wait until the UTI is confirmed, as it could just be a virus, in which case she will be taking antibiotics for no good reason...

SixSpotBonfire Tue 21-Oct-08 16:22:10

Oh Arabica, poor dd and poor you sad.

If you do give the antibiotics, you can give her that powder stuff (mixed in yogurt or whatever) which offsets the worst effects - can't remember for the life of me what it is called but they have it in the health food section of FResh and Wild - tis expensive though. Probiotic something or other I think.

Arabica Tue 21-Oct-08 16:47:49

Thanks 6-spot. Yes I have some (expensive) acidophilus left over from the last infection which needed ABs. I suppose it's particularly depressing because she spent her last winter being ill with one thing after another, and lost her appetite.

SixSpotBonfire Tue 21-Oct-08 17:26:29

Oh yes, that's the stuff.

It is very depressing when they are ill, isn't it. DS3 was very poorly at the beginning of the summer holidays and as a result stopped eating the only "proper" cooked meal he would have (pasta with ham, vegetables and sauce).

BriocheDoree Tue 21-Oct-08 18:30:50

Sorry to hear about DD. Poor her and poor you. Hope she gets better soon!
xx

Arabica Tue 21-Oct-08 21:22:27

Thanks. She has had a few spoonfuls of soup, but she's still very droopy. Let's hope the ABs do some good.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: