Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Just need to moan

(18 Posts)
meea Mon 07-Mar-05 17:29:29

Have been in bed with flu for the last 2 week and still feel terrible but dh is working days this week so I have had to get on with things.
ds2 is poorly as well he has been either asleep or crying for the last week .I have just had to do the 45minute round trip to school twice as dd1 had an afterschool club.I am absolutly shattered pushing ds2 in his major has nearly killed me.Got to school and was told by some of the mums that I should have made him walk.Do these people think I put him in a pushchair to make things easier god how I wish he could walk that far.
I just feel like curling up in a ball and crying.Don't think I can face getting feedback from the clinical psyc tomorrow.

Jimjams Mon 07-Mar-05 17:31:59

are these mum's insensitive or just stupid? How old is ds2> I would have thought sitting in a major buggy it wuld be failry obvoious to even the most imbiclic mother in the school playground that he can't walk that far.

many hugs coming yoour way.

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Mon 07-Mar-05 17:33:52

Meea, tomorrow is another day. Don't worry about the feedback until then. Parents at school need to mind their own business. Sadly they don't always. Whilst I realise that all you want to do is punch these people in the face, it's probably best that you don't. I have often wondered whether I should keep leaflets in my twin buggy so that when people make stupid comments about the DTs or me coping with them. Then I could just hand them out. I have a friend designing a t-shirt for me that says P*ss Off they are twins. Obviously the writing would be stylised so that they would have to look properly, but it would make me feel good. lol

It's good to rant! Don't worry honey. Smile, you do a great job and your children appreciate you and love you with a passion.

Keane Mon 07-Mar-05 17:34:21

ggggrrrr
totally agree with jimjams!

meea Mon 07-Mar-05 17:42:24

Ds2 is 3 in a few weeks .
I think if I wasn't feeling so rubbish and worried about having to face tomorrow on my own I probably would have said something because people like that need educating.
I know that a good nights sleep will probably help so lets hope i can get him to take his melatonin tonight.

coppertop Mon 07-Mar-05 18:19:09

Grrrrr!

Do these people not have a brain???!! Sorry they're making you feel like this, Meea. xx

eidsvold Tue 08-Mar-05 02:25:14

sorry that the other mums were so insensitive. I like you would have felt like giving them a serve especially when feeling so crappy.

on your behalf.....

Davros Tue 08-Mar-05 09:26:18

Good luck today meea.

macwoozy Tue 08-Mar-05 09:56:09

I'm not surprised that you became upset hearing such stupid insensitive remarks. Hope all goes well with the Clinical Psyc.

chonky Tue 08-Mar-05 10:09:47

Sorry to hear that you're having to deal with such insensitivity. Hope all goes well today with the psych.

beccaboo Tue 08-Mar-05 10:24:32

Meea, hope you got some sleep last night and didn't dream about those horrible mums . Good luck with your appointment.

KarenThirl Tue 08-Mar-05 14:20:06

Sorry you're feeling so lousy and having to put up with horrible mums. Hope the appointment goes well.

lekki Tue 08-Mar-05 22:56:13

meea , no one understands unless they have a child with cerebal palsy themselves, just ignore those mums, my nieghbour thourght that my dd didnt walk becuse i carried her everywhere she thourght it was my fault, little does she know , you not the only one, from lekki

lekki Tue 08-Mar-05 23:02:01

meea , lekki again , my dd's 3 soon too , and sometimes i feel i can't handle another day,but i always seem to put on a brave face and face the world, so if u ever want to talk.

Davros Wed 09-Mar-05 12:29:51

On no meea, I was hoping that the Psych appt might help you feel better. Any better today? Possible to read Heat and drink tea even for half an hour?

meea Wed 09-Mar-05 14:11:46

Have had a cup of tea and some chocaolate and am feeling much happier.
Beginning to get my fighting hat on again.
As for the mums one of them has just phoned to ask my advice about her daughters skates.Dd1 is a budding figure skater.So I intend explain about ds2's problems while giving her my help.
Maybe then the comments may stop.

Davros Wed 09-Mar-05 14:21:41

Oh good, pleased to hear the chocolate has worked even though it wasn't on my prescription! Good idea to take the opportunity to tell the other mum about DS's problems. I think its better to tell people but its hard sometimes to get started, esp in a group. You sound so much more positive

meea Wed 09-Mar-05 14:27:42

I find it hard to know what to say to people as ds2 hasn't a diagnosis it is hard to explain his problems to people when we don't really know what the problem is.
I do feel much more positive and will fight and fight until we get the help and support he needs and deserves.I just find the constant fighting draining.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now