Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Birthday Presents for Terminally ill.

(6 Posts)
MUM23ASD Mon 20-Oct-08 12:36:02

Please can you look at my thread HERE

It's not SN, but you are my friends.

DH's mum is terminally ill, and we need help with how to 'celebrate' her birthday tomorrow.

My husband is not copeing at all well as his dad died in January.

countingto10 Mon 20-Oct-08 12:46:53

What about doing a "normal" birthday eg decorate her room with balloons, get her a cake with candles for her to blow out (it will be more for your DC but I'm sure she will love seeing them smile and laugh etc), possibly some party games if she can cope with it.  Make it a day for everyone to remember without too much sadness.Thinking of you - these times are very hard.

bubblagirl Mon 20-Oct-08 12:49:27

hi so sorry you are going through this and big hugs to you and family

the best thing you can do is all be together and try and make this a joyous occassion something to remember [we did this for my terminally ill friend]

what about a nice chocolate mousse would she enjoy that? my nan loved them

here

i love the four pic locket you can have one of children and you and dh

really hope your ok? im feel for you all but really hope you manage to have a nice day

th pampering sounds nice though i did this for my nan done her nails etc she found it so re freshing and soothing

xxxxxx

bubblagirl Mon 20-Oct-08 12:51:10

i used cooling cream on her arms and legs as she felt so sweaty stuck in bed and was really refreshing

do her make up, play chirades and just have a really enjoyable time if you can xx

magso Mon 20-Oct-08 13:01:42

I am so sorry! It is so hard for everyone.
Pictures/ artwork from the children.
Hair or nail 'do'.
Card you can record messages on (for the youngsters who can't yet write - or nice singing voices).
Cd - perhaps of music from her youth (I think you can buy them in card shops).

TeeBee Mon 20-Oct-08 15:10:51

How about one of those photo albums where you can record a message for each picture? Also maybe put some photos in for her to record messages.

Or how about one of those 'Dear Grandma' books where there are loads of questions and the person fills in all the answers, which then remains a permanent record of information about that person (I have bought one of these for my nan). You can get them on Amazon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now