Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Vitamin suplements....Tasteless please!!!

(7 Posts)
MUM23ASD Mon 20-Oct-08 09:06:35

just plain old vitamins...not fish oils.

ds3 won't chew the 'chewable' ones...cannot be persuaded by 'teddy shaped' ones....

but CAN swallow tablets.....

however EVERY kiddie vit i find is either LIQUID, CHEWY CAPSULES or JELLYS or TEDDIES etc!

I bought what 'sounded' like (when i shook them' ...'Old fashioned sugar coated' tablets....but when i opened them they were the 'non sugar coated' and smelt of marmite (vit B6 i believe!)

It seems to be the B6 taste he objects to.

so help me here please....

dareent post this elsewhere as i'd be slated for not offering a healthy diet to my boys!!!

MUM23ASD Mon 20-Oct-08 10:57:28

he's 9

tipsycat Mon 20-Oct-08 11:14:11

Hi. I have same problem with my DS age 7 ASD. I'd really like to get omega oils into him, he has very self restricted diet, but all the ones we've tried taste disgusting. The only multi vitamin that we've had any success with is the Bassetts chewy ones for kids (strawberry flavour) because they taste just the same as fruit gums and no nasty after taste. I've sampled them myself!

MUM23ASD Mon 20-Oct-08 12:16:36

thats what i cannot understand...the bassetts ones are REALLY yummy! Yet ds3 who will eat cabbage won't eat yummy vitamins!!!

magso Mon 20-Oct-08 13:14:04

Tropicana due a mixed juice with added vitamins - it doesn't smell marmity- not aimed at kids but may be worth trying if all else fails. ( ds likes the gummy bassets one but objects to the smell of all others !

pushkar Mon 20-Oct-08 17:23:12

my son has asd and is extremely fussy eater i put all multi vitamins and the rest by openning a capsule and putting it into an ella's organic smoothie pouch either syringe in to pouch with a calpol syringe receptor or put whole lot together into a plastic glass that does not show the color..etc., this works for me. i also do this with magnesium b6 and fish oils

MUM23ASD Tue 21-Oct-08 09:20:08

thanks both of you... both ideas are worth a try.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: