Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Advice needed with Flamechick (again...) - How do I get her to "get" Flameboy's games?

(5 Posts)
Flamesparrow Sat 18-Oct-08 21:24:12

They have a pair of binoculars.

He regularly uses them to find monkeys, gets v excited when he does.

She keeps p*ssin on his fireworks going on about there not BEING any monkeys.

I know it isn't her fault, but at the same time, they both get frustrated because he is all excited about the monkeys and she isn't sharing it with him, and she is frustrated because he is clearly lying in her opinion.

She does know about imagination. She can play at making tea parties etc (usually with guidance, always with props), but this seeing monkeys seems completely beyond her.

To start with I thought she was just being arsey as things like this tend to be hit and miss with her, but the more it is going on, the more I am convinced she genuinely just doesn't get it.

I have been explaining that it is pretend etc, but still meeting resistance. HELP! I want for him to enjoy the monkeys, and her not to get wound up!

lou031205 Sat 18-Oct-08 21:39:06

Could you explain to her that DS likes to pretend that there are monkeys, and it is a game?

lou031205 Sat 18-Oct-08 21:39:36

Sorry, re-read - you have tried that.

lou031205 Sat 18-Oct-08 21:40:12

Could you tape a monkey picture to the binocular lens, so she sees a monkey?

FlameBitesHeadsOffSparrows Mon 20-Oct-08 18:01:16

I never got back to this blush Sunday morning she got up and decided to help him look for monkeys hmm

Thank you for offering help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now