Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Having an emotional birthday!!

(19 Posts)
Dingle Mon 07-Mar-05 09:33:16

EEEkkkk...I am 39 today. We are all full of cold and had to cancel going out to get my birthday pressies from DH yesterday because I just didn't feel up to walking round trying clothes on..etc.

I still have the picture in my mind from yesterday when I turned round to see ds standing there grinning from ear to ear from behind a pot plant and next to him, dd! She was absolutely beaming and holding a large box of Matchmakers! The look on their little faces said it all!

I was woken today by shuffling on the bed and lots of giggling and ssshhhh..ing! shortly followed by a lovely rendition of "Happy Birthday."
I had tears in my eyes, I must admit. Seeing dd trying so hard to join in and watching her brother so closely for help. I'll have her attempts echoing in my ears for a long time,even if it was only the odd word...her speech has a long, long way to go,, but she has come on so much in the last month or so....

What more could a mum want on her birthday!

wobblyknicks Mon 07-Mar-05 09:34:18

Awwww, that sounds fantastic. Have tears in my eyes now

coppertop Mon 07-Mar-05 09:35:05

Awwwww! Happy birthday Dingle. I hope the rest of the day is equally fantastic. xx

AuntyQuated Mon 07-Mar-05 09:35:34

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

sounds like you have had the best present...who needs clothes when you have 2 special children?

(lucky you- only 39 )

Dingle Mon 07-Mar-05 09:40:45

DD's SN nursery is closed for staff training and ds was quite concerned that I was going to have "my party" without him! So I have promised to play some party games with them when he gets home from school!

Never mind 39 - I'll feel more like 80 at the end of the day!

KarenThirl Mon 07-Mar-05 09:43:39

Dingle, hope you have a fantastic birthday. What a lovely start, and what lovely kids.

beccaboo Mon 07-Mar-05 10:10:32

Happy Birthday Dingle! Your wake-up call sounds lovely. Hope you have a great day.

JaysMum Mon 07-Mar-05 10:11:38

Happy Birthday Dingle.

xxxxxx

ladyhawk Mon 07-Mar-05 10:22:20

happy birthday dingle

bless the little dingles

ThomCat Mon 07-Mar-05 12:56:40

happy birthday darling. hope you have a lovley day, it certainly started off well.
TC xxx

maddiemo Mon 07-Mar-05 13:00:36

Happy Birthday.

The children sound so lovely, I can really picture them singing.

chonky Mon 07-Mar-05 13:16:45

Happy Birthday Dingle, & well done the dinglies

MandM Mon 07-Mar-05 13:43:28

Happy birthday Dingle!

Are we all invited to the big bash next year?!!!

MandM Mon 07-Mar-05 13:43:34

Happy birthday Dingle!

Are we all invited to the big bash next year?!!!

Dingle Mon 07-Mar-05 13:51:20

Well I don't know HOW BIG it will be, but I am certainly not going to let it go without a celebtration of some sort!!

Keane Mon 07-Mar-05 15:04:53

awww happy birthday dingle xx

and happy birthday tamum xx

hope you both have a lovely day

Eulalia Mon 07-Mar-05 17:13:18

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Dingle

Merlot Mon 07-Mar-05 17:15:45

Have a great day 39 is not old you know

Cadbury Mon 07-Mar-05 17:24:17

You kept that quiet! Happy Birthday my dear!

Sounds like a great way to wake up. Hope you have a fab day.

Hope things are going better for you and your family. Thinking of you lots. Do you fancy a coffee soon (and a birthday cake - I do hope someone has made one for you)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now