Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.


(4 Posts)
sarah876 Fri 17-Oct-08 11:16:25

Hi, my son has always been hard work...right from when he was a baby... just thought it was parenthood and that i had a child and so must prove to the world i could do it. Did think this is bloody hard work but got on with it. Had two more children and started noticing differences. i know children are not all the same..but my son does not remember instructions is horrible to his siblings has been excluded fron school now four times is twitchy and fidgets can not concerntrate on anything unless it relly grabs his attention..i.e playstation/computer. He is receiving councilling with CAHMS and they have got me to do a connors report but how do i push for this diagnosis. he is 12 now...any advice or help?

dustystar Fri 17-Oct-08 12:30:51

He needs to be assessed by a developmental paediatrician to get a dx. Does he have a statement?

pushkar Sat 18-Oct-08 12:46:15

you write to the your paediatricians hopital, the director general expressing huge concern that your child's needs are not being met and you cc. it head of cahms , your childs psychologists manager and to head fof ecuacation in your council borough and ask for as assessment to see if he can have a pysocholigcal assessment to see if he suffers from a disorder of some kind, behaviour problems are not necessaritl bad behaviour but often a disability with learning difficulties, i have a son with learning difficulties and gor results by complainging I went as far as ed balls minister for children, good luck pushkar.

pushkar Sat 18-Oct-08 12:47:01

ps, sorry about bad spelling but in a rush more later..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: