Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

so what do I do now then...........!?

(7 Posts)
lourobert Thu 16-Oct-08 13:24:35

Ive just been told that there is no way possible for my house to be adapted to have a downstairs room for my son!! oh bugger. what do I do now then? Im told I can have £30,000 towards moving but I dont want to move, im close to my family and other support (im a single mum) and Ive only just finished decorating plus with hardly any equity in my property Im not sure I could buy anything more suitable than my current anyway.

Just feel really down in the dumps at the moment and this is yet another thing!

feelingbitbetter Thu 16-Oct-08 13:39:33

And there's me feeling sorry for myself coz I've had lots of hospital appointments <thoroughly ashamed emoticon> Can't offer you any advice, but I'm really sorry for you. Only thing I could think to do is ask the powers that be the same question you asked us. Did they give you a good explanation as to why?

needmorecoffee Thu 16-Oct-08 13:51:23

what about a through-lift?
Have they given a reason? They first denied us the adaptations because the room made from half the dining room and half the kitchen was too small - guidelines say 12 square metres - but I argued and made a fuss and its going to be 9 square metres (and cost £43,000!). No way could we afford to move and the first idiot social worker thought it was better dd slept on the farking floor than have a room smaller than the stuoid guidelines.

lourobert Fri 17-Oct-08 09:31:51

I have quite a small house, I know its all about sizes and dimensions and a certain amount of natural light etc but surely something can be done. Ive just been told that plans have been played around with and nothing can be planned to give the size of room required

Something HAS to be done and Im meeting with them on the 5th November to discuss further.....not im not feeling so emotional I m feeling alot more proactive.

I cannot move- even on a fairy decent wage, Im on a sole incmoe so no one would offer me anything plus I couldnt buy anything more suitable than I have now....!!!

Its just another frustration.agghhhhhhhhh

feelingabitbetter- its totally fine to moan about the amount of appointments its only just now (son is 3 next week ) that our appointments arnt so frequent.....your enititeld to moan about that

feelingbitbetter Fri 17-Oct-08 10:06:00

to be honest, I know they have these rules and regulations for a reason, but something HAS to be done, doesn't it? If you can't move are they going to leave him without? Ooooh it makes me angry that silly 'must meet this regulation' rules mean that they'd rather see a child go without than to try and work with what you've got. angryangryangry

lourobert Fri 17-Oct-08 11:26:58

now ive got past the emotionally angry bit ill be prepared with questions on the 5th....ill update you then!!!

Meanwhile, while all this is going on- I need to get down the gym to strengthen my back and arms for carrying up and down the stairs.....lazy little whatname could do me a favour and just start walking grin

DesperatelySeekingSanity Fri 17-Oct-08 20:50:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now